Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the benefits of running this thermostat instead of the stock 192 degree piece? I will be flushing my cooling system soon and changing over to the green stuff so I figure that'd be as good a time as any to do this if it's worthwhile.

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
On the n/a versions, not a whole lot unless you live in a pretty hot climate. I know those with the s/c tend to run much hotter and need the extra cooling to fight detonation.

Make sure you get every last bit of the Dexcool out, any that mixes with the new stuff tends to clump up pretty good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nc00max said:
On the n/a versions, not a whole lot unless you live in a pretty hot climate. I know those with the s/c tend to run much hotter and need the extra cooling to fight detonation.

Make sure you get every last bit of the Dexcool out, any that mixes with the new stuff tends to clump up pretty good.
Thanks for the tip. I had researched it and have decided that I am not going to do this at home, I'm gonna find a decent shop up here and have em Power Flush it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i bought a 180 degree thermostat several months ago, but i couldnt get the cover off to change it, but from what ive heard the engine runs cooler in traffic. its supposed to help get you better gas mileage and slightly better acceleration, but i dont usually take claims liek that very seriously. i got it because my LIM gaskets keeps leaking and im getting cick of getting it changed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts