Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting a good deal on some 18x7.5 rims, but the offset is +38. i'm currently riding on stock, but i want to eventually lower using the supercup kit (neuspeed/koni). will have a rear camber kit as well. 2005 accord coupe.

so my question is, i know he offset is the "lowest" i should go. should i just stick w/ 225/40/18 or can i get away with 235/40/18?? i'd rather go 235, but if that means rubbing, i don't want that headache. i'd rather not roll/cut the inner fender.

if i get 18x7.5 +38 offset 225/40/18 tire and lowered on supercup, WILL I RUB??

need input by thursday morn, any help would do! if you have this setup or know someone who does, let me know. and i tried searching, most +38 references were made to 19x8.5 rims, which required slight rolling to fit. thanx again!

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
droopy said:
i'm getting a good deal on some 18x7.5 rims, but the offset is +38. i'm currently riding on stock, but i want to eventually lower using the supercup kit (neuspeed/koni). will have a rear camber kit as well. 2005 accord coupe.

so my question is, i know he offset is the "lowest" i should go. should i just stick w/ 225/40/18 or can i get away with 235/40/18?? i'd rather go 235, but if that means rubbing, i don't want that headache. i'd rather not roll/cut the inner fender.

if i get 18x7.5 +38 offset 225/40/18 tire and lowered on supercup, WILL I RUB??

need input by thursday morn, any help would do! if you have this setup or know someone who does, let me know. and i tried searching, most +38 references were made to 19x8.5 rims, which required slight rolling to fit. thanx again!
if an 8.5 wide wheel needs very slight rolling to fit then a 7.5 wide wheel will clear no problem. even more so under the 18" height of the wheel. I highly doubt you will rub considering many people have ran more aggressive wheels w/o rubbing. go for it... worse case scenario you'll have to trim very little of the inner fender off but you'll have wheels that sit close to flush. what wheels are they anyway?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm... so maybe i can get away with 235? any other input? much appreciated.

i found a mrr gt-1 rim on craigslist. i'm not looking for the speed or jdm look, more "vip" and reliability (daily driven). i think it looks pretty decent. i should have pics next week floating high riding stock :D 8.5 would give much more lip, but then i have to worry about rubbing and i'll have to pay much more. student budgets don't allow for luxuries... i'll live w/ 7.5.

here's one i found, 20's on a bmw.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
depending on where you live you should go checkout the tein garage sale... they might sell ballin wheels and good prices and you might be able to pick up some sh!t to get your ride goign in that VIP direction.

your wheels prob wont have as much lip since that bimmer prob has 9.5's in the rear and like 8's up front... they are nice nonetheless

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, good call on the tein thing. i don't think a tein sale could lower the price to my acceptable range, but it's worth checking out... i think there's talks of a caravan heading out from so cal? you going too?

and yea, not much of a lip. but it's my commuter and i don't want to get a setup that will end up bothering me everyday. i think 18 7.5 is the safest to go w/o worring about possible rubbing or bending the rims cuz the tires are too thin.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what time you going? have you been to one before? do people line up out the door and such black friday style?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts