Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
haha I had a '90 sedan, not fast, but quick enough from a start to surprise V6 camaro owners off of the line. If you really wanna have some fun, swap in some parts form the 3800 V6, cylinder heads, exhaust manifolds, and a supercharger if you can find it will bolt in, or you can try a complete 3800 swap, a supercharged one of course lol.

And where did you find out it can do 130mph? I would HAVE to see a cutlass get radar gunned to beleive that, mostly cause anyone who tries to go that fast in one of those cars is asking for death, I hit 105 ONCE, and the car shook so bad i was scared sh**less.

·
That one guy
284 Posts
i had a buick century custom with the 3300 engine.... i was very suprised at the power in those things..

i wish i still had that thing.....

i race a car like urs at the track with I/H/E, suspension... me Intake only at the time... that wagon beat me by .165 1/8th mile.

good luck with it

p.s. i had the supercharger for that engine (meant for grandprix 3800) i sold it to some guy in orlando.... sorry

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 88 Cutlass Ciera, 2.8l v6

That thing is badass. It's an ugly brown but looks are quite deceiving. I've taken down a lot of cars, such as Neons, v6 mustangs, corolla, cobalts, eclipses, and a ford windstar lol

I had that up to 118 one time, and it's extremely stable at high speeds. I don't understand where the whole "it shakes so badly you'll kill yourself" thing comes from. I properly maintain my car and it hardly jitters at such as high speeds. The only way I know I was going 118 was I had my cousin in his eclipse run against me on the interstate just to clock my speed, but we had to let off because of traffic up ahead. That engine still had plenty more to go, so 130 seems very possible to me.

BTW, anyone know where I can get a cold air intake or a supercharger for this beast at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts