Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok
i need a 4 banger (1990) and older to race on a dirt track.
basicly i have to leave everything stock except i will gut it and put in a rollcage and racing seat. i can also replace the exhaust with just tubing if i want

so my question is which car should i be looking for? what willl be the fastest? special preformance models probably are not an option because i will probably be getting the car for free from a towing company that my dad is good friend's with and they probably wont have it. i just need a few cars that would be good for what i want to do.

i was thinking of a honda crx or prelude but i dont really know what is out there.

any help is appreciated.

·
no, i dont drift..
81 Posts
joman2055 said:
ok
i need a 4 banger (1990) and older to race on a dirt track.
basicly i have to leave everything stock except i will gut it and put in a rollcage and racing seat. i can also replace the exhaust with just tubing if i want

so my question is which car should i be looking for? what willl be the fastest? special preformance models probably are not an option because i will probably be getting the car for free from a towing company that my dad is good friend's with and they probably wont have it. i just need a few cars that would be good for what i want to do.

i was thinking of a honda crx or prelude but i dont really know what is out there.

any help is appreciated.
ok, so in the rules, it says that the motor must remain stock. does that exclude a stock swap into the car? ala h23? my question is if you swapped a stock h23 in there would it be legal, as long as it wasnt modified.

*edit* ok, so i read through the rules again. and after reading some of the other rules, and how stringent they were about no mods and stock car and all that crap, i figured that they didnt want any mods. so, im suggesting a 3G lude. you can find one with a 2.0 liter motor and you can get them with 4WS if you so desire. even if you dont find a 2.0 (Si trim, i think it is) with 4WS, then you could swap a 2.0 into one with 4WS. after all, how are they gonna know. ;)

*edit2* i just noticed that you said you needed a 90 or newer car. sad to say, the rules say that "No Honda or Acura newer than 1990" will be allowed.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Stock = Stock, swaps are not stock.

Look for an older Porsche 944

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1990/porsche/944/1371/specs.html

Specifications

Type: Compact Coupe
Where Built: Germany

Dimensions

Exterior
Length: 168.9 in. Width: 68.3 in.
Height: 50.2 in. Wheel Base: 94.5 in.
Curb Weight: 2998 lbs.
Interior
Maximum Seating: 4

Performance Data

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 3 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 208 hp
Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm Torque: 207 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4100 rpm Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 35.3 ft.

·
no, i dont drift..
81 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
Stock = Stock, swaps are not stock.

Look for an older Porsche 944

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1990/porsche/944/1371/specs.html

Specifications

Type: Compact Coupe
Where Built: Germany

Dimensions

Exterior
Length: 168.9 in. Width: 68.3 in.
Height: 50.2 in. Wheel Base: 94.5 in.
Curb Weight: 2998 lbs.
Interior
Maximum Seating: 4

Performance Data

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 3 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 208 hp
Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm Torque: 207 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4100 rpm Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 35.3 ft.
reading owns you. its gotta be FWD.

*edit* see, to me a stock motor swapped into another car is still stock. the motor has no performance mods. which, technically (although they might still disqualify you) you 'could' do that. its not against the rules. the rules dont touch on that at all.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
uhmm...you never said it has to be fwd :smash:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
peeking further into the rules...

OceanSpeedway said:
5. E. OVERVIEW

1. OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Any part or alteration deemed by track officials to enhance performance will not be allowed.
Sounds like no swaps to me :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
CRXs that havnt been heavily modded and arent rusting out are hard to come by.

if you could go newer than 1990 id say 5th gen accord

·
Accord Mafia Member #001
350 Posts
A 90 accord w/ an H23 would be legal judging from their rules. Only part I see being a problem is if any of them would be wise to the engine swap via Overview #1.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
looking @ the rules.. i4, fwd. No Acura/Honda that 1991-Present..
does that mean we could use a 2006 non-honda/acura i4 fwd engine hehe? maybe look into a toyota..
too bad can't use evo/wrx.. since they are awd.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
OceanSpeedway said:
5. E. OVERVIEW

1. OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Any part or alteration deemed by track officials to enhance performance will not be allowed.
Sounds like no swaps to me...or can you guys just not read? :rolleyes:

·
Accord Mafia Member #001
350 Posts
It says the engine itself must remain stock. Ok - fair enough. Doesn't say it has to the stock engine. And it clearly states no modifications what so ever.

Motor swap sounds legal to me. Worse comes to worse, they say your illegal and you have to swap motors again. Better yet, why not just call them and ask?

·
no, i dont drift..
81 Posts
BlkCurrantKord said:
It says the engine itself must remain stock. Ok - fair enough. Doesn't say it has to the stock engine. And it clearly states no modifications what so ever.

Motor swap sounds legal to me. Worse comes to worse, they say your illegal and you have to swap motors again. Better yet, why not just call them and ask?
:werd:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts