Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i recently bought a 1995 accord 2.7l v6 and it has no spark and the injectors arent spraying, could this be the main relay? On my 89 bmw it the crankshaft position sensor doesn't think its cranking it will kill the spark and fuel so im thinking that may be the problem but any advice is greatly appreciated

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very likely the PGM-FI (main) relay. Seen a number of these over the years. I would remove it from the car and open it up carefully. Most of the time it's one or more of the solder joints that just need to be redone. Look closely at each solder joint for cracking or discoloring. A jewelers eye loupe works great for close inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, good to know. Im not to familiar with the hondas. That is the one under the dash with the built in bracket?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's the one. Most relays have 4 or 5 wires going to it, this one has I think about 8. Can't recall off the top of my head exactly how many.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it has 8. I tested the relay with a multimeter and a 12v battery and it is good and i still have no injector pulse and no spark. I also replaced the crankshaft position sensor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, i know that im going to sound super stupid but it has a seized camshaft, i dont know how i missed it. Does anyone know if its an interference engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts