Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 12-12:semi-completed

So many have you known im changing the accord up once again.Color change and some other goodies that wont be shown until time is right. Thought I'd make a thread showing progress and will be updating accordingly.

10/23-24

·
Registered
869 Posts
awesome job man,can't wait to see the end. I'm deff can't do that.

anyway since you have turbo.what's kind aftermarket radius rod bushing you use to make it stiff.thanks

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just go my front and rear lip Thursday,but no where close to selling them..ha

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice man, I have the same exact wheels, but 5 lug xD
They look sick!
Yea i love them,spent 4months hunting the last set down in a warehouse..16.5lbs each..cant beat the performance.

You painting the jabs too? Good work bro.
Yes I was going to do that this weekend,but i didnt finish my body work.so it might be postponed until next weekend.
I thought you already had a lip on it before.
yea iv had a type r,and mugen but sold both of them.Now im making one.

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys..ill post pictures today of the latest updates.nothing exciting yet,just fixing/primer the fenders hood and re-prime my shaved trunk.

All the glass will be taken out the day before paint for a professional job this time.

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE 10/30
Finished the used hood,fenders and blocked and re-primed my shaved spoiler hole trunk.
Dont pay any attention to the mess in the garage.it will be clean after this post..ha

Primed;

(still lil tacky when shot taken,why its shiny in spots)

Now Clay is on his way to drop of an OEM front bumper and my drivers side skirt so i can finish my molding xenon sides and start working on the front lip fitment!

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
really not trying to start **** here but why didnt you prime the whole side to make it more uniform for blocking? having the unprimed spots on the sides might show ripples in the transition area where the primer meets the paint underneath it unless its blocked correctly.... im just saying it would make for a smoother panel if you primed the whole thing. its looking good though..... :up2: nice to see youre doing it the right way this time taking out the glass. you going to detrim the whole car too? mouldings, mirrors, door handles, trim, etc. etc.? what brand filler and glaze are you using?

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya once i was done i realized how close the primer was..but im going to block then seal the car before color coat.so maybe that might fill any waves also.
and yea mirrors,chromes,handles ect all taken off.

for body filler i used Evercoat Liteweight filler(mainly used those on my side skirts) but everything else i used evercoat easy sand putty. Pretty much ordered everything through our paint store that supplies our paint n supplies at work for a major discount.
but thanks man.I know black will show everything,so hopfully the guide coat will catch any imperfection when i block the primer.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts