Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
so JDM my blood's Type R
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanted to know which is the best size for the exhaust pipe on a v6 6 speed. 2 1/2 or 2 1/4. I will only be putting a single outlet instead of the dual. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
it is 2.25 from the cat to mid-resonator but then it goes down to around 1.75 after the mid resonator to the dual mufflers
hmm it just seemed bigger for some reason. I should have gone with 2.5. Whoever started the whole magnaflow muffler set up was saying 2.25 was better, or someone in that thread said so... Either way, it sounds good

·
resident noob
480 Posts
2.5 all around will probably drone alot inside the cabin at highway speeds.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
2.25 is too small for the V6 6 speed, even for the 4 cyl. 2.5 is okay I wouldn't go any smaller on the V6. There have been great gains with 3.0" piping on both 4 cyl and V6s from P2R Racing. Speak to Sean over there he has some good info.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
2.25 is too small for the V6 6 speed, even for the 4 cyl. 2.5 is okay I wouldn't go any smaller on the V6. There have been great gains with 3.0" piping on both 4 cyl and V6s from P2R Racing. Speak to Sean over there he has some good info.
:(. So upset I didn't go with 2.5. I was mis-informed and have been doing the same to others. Oh well, now I know. I may re-do this and get 2.5.

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
2.5 maybe slightly too big for our cars, My custom exhaust produced far lower tourque numbers (8-10 lbs through most of the RPM range) with 2.5 inch piping, than my GReddy does with 2 1/4, our engines, especially if naturally aspirated, need some backpressure or you can kiss your low-mid end tourque bye bye. Plus bigger piping = more drone.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
2.5 maybe slightly too big for our cars, My custom exhaust produced far lower tourque numbers (8-10 lbs through most of the RPM range) with 2.5 inch piping, than my GReddy does with 2 1/4, our engines, especially if naturally aspirated, need some backpressure or you can kiss your low-mid end tourque bye bye. Plus bigger piping = more drone.
so you are suggesting running 2.25" right?

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
hmmm i was told that 2.25 would be perfect depending on what u want to do i just plan on having some bolt on's. I would believe that 2.25 would be good since greddy uses the size of a 2.25 in there pipeing, and its sounds amazing and does give performance gains, stock pipeing is a 1.75. I personally am doing a custom straight pipe for preference but size wise i will be doing 2.25 because paul "nva-av6" beleives that is the best for my car, others have said that also. With going with a too much of a big pipe we can loose low end tourqe our cars as paul said to me need the back pressure, but then again this is just for my car with an intake crank pulley and j pipe i do not know what else u plan on having with your accord. Hope this helps, and once again i am speaking from what he told me on what my mods are..

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ok I'm confused. I felt low end torque was gone as well. Changing lanes on the freeway was not as easy as before. Oh well. I'll keep researching

1 - 20 of 85 Posts