Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the wheel guys out there, need some quick advice:

I'm considering buy:
Wheels: 20 x 7.5 +45 offset
Tires: 225/35/20

My question :confused: :

1) will a set of Tanabe 1.8/1.7inch drop be too little? (i don't want my car look'n like a 4x4 on 20's.
2) Will these small drop Tanabe springs be STIFF enough to avoid rubbing at the above height? Obviously they arn't a nice TEIN setup.

i'm look'n to pick up this setup used, any advice will help. The drop isnt' big, but the last thing i want is 4x4 setup that will rub during a hard turn.

On a budget, hence that's why i'm not going coilovers. If this setup wont' work well, i'll scrap the whole plan and pick up something else. Thanks! :rolleye2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea, it will work. I'm running 20x8.5 with a 40 offset & I'm slammed on Basics. Anything over 40 offset will work, I wouldn't try anything below that. On btw I have an 03 Coupe....

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Coupe J.R. said:
Yea, it will work. I'm running 20x8.5 with a 40 offset & I'm slammed on Basics. Anything over 40 offset will work, I wouldn't try anything below that. On btw I have an 03 Coupe....
Hehe, that setup sounds familiar...

Yea, 40 offset is pretty much flush, which does cause rubbing here and there, especially going 35+ over bumps... it rubs... but your setup sounds good..

·
Registered
38 Posts
:D
DaRegulator said:
Hehe, that setup sounds familiar...

Yea, 40 offset is pretty much flush, which does cause rubbing here and there, especially going 35+ over bumps... it rubs... but your setup sounds good..

Yeah, I post a week or two ago on Gen7... Bernie0116... :D

:up2: But yeah, I'm running a pretty wide wheel with the 8.5's. I admit, I DO have some rubbing but it's nothing major. I'm down to MAYBE 1 finger gap in the front & none in the rear but I'm still playing with ride heights. You should be perfect with that 45 offset and 7.5 wheel... :up2:

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Coupe J.R. said:
:D

Yeah, I post a week or two ago on Gen7... Bernie0116... :D

:up2: But yeah, I'm running a pretty wide wheel with the 8.5's. I admit, I DO have some rubbing but it's nothing major. I'm down to MAYBE 1 finger gap in the front & none in the rear but I'm still playing with ride heights. You should be perfect with that 45 offset and 7.5 wheel... :up2:
Ohhhh...that makes sense now...lol, we should keep our screen names consistent..

But yea, with 45 offset and 7.5 wheel, it should tuck in there nicely... I believe Jason has 7.5 rims on his coupe...do a search for it, you'll find tons of info on it...

·
"Fast baby"
37 Posts
I need some quick advice:

If this setup wont' work well, i'll scrap the whole plan and pick up something else. Thanks! :rolleye2:
Yeah....don't get 20s! Unless you're just trying to make a fasion statement for your trailer-queen show car, there is no reason to go so big like this. 18s will look great and still be practical for everyday use and will be easier on your wallet all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts