Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a 2001 Prelude type SH from a friend of my mother. I mean, this is a very good deal (not above 10k) but the only downside is it's color - blue. Low milage, great condition. What do you guys think? I was having some fun with a 5th gen prelude last night and those things are pretty freaking fast. I was in a 2003 7th gen V6 coupe and the Prelude got me at the start but when I got past 80mph I was starting to pass...and the Prelude was stock, but so was the Accord. I think the only purpose I would have for a Prelude is strictly for weekend fun. I would buy this, strip everything out and drop a fatty stage 4 turbo in it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
it all depend what u want it to do for u...since u said u gon strip everything out...y even buy a so "new" car to do so? when u can do it with a 5th gen or something...saving yourself atleast 5k (prior to doin the turbo, etc)

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
What's wrong with blue?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, but 6th gens look better. I have heard performance wise 5th gens have a slight edge I'm guessing because of weight. I would want this just to race little Civics and other ricers around town just because it is fun. I could always sell the extra parts....hell, I might even use this as a car to get around town and for fun...you never know with me.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
the blue is nice... i say get it... fix up the lude and use the accord as a Daily Driver.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. I had a passsanger and it was an Automatic. He had himself and a manual transmission. I messed up a little at the start because it took a while for the tires to catch some grip but in all fairness, it was very close. Still, that thing was stock. I could just imagine one of those turboed, new heads, port and polished, and tuned right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
what kind of blue? how many miles? how much? i'd definately play wit that make ur accord a daily driver (like sum1 said). how old are u by the way. because since it is a sports car, ur insurance might go up. thjats what i would think at least.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to look at it today and it's not an SH....I could be wrong though, I would have to take a look at where the oil filter is placed...it's an H22A engine of course. It has 59k miles and is $8000.00. It's that one blue color, electro blue or something like that...it looks pretty good and is a manual. Great condition, clean inside, no exterior damage and out but the only downside is the interior is a littel dirty...It's clean, but there are some leather inserts on the back seats that are torn...it's not a big problem. I need to get it looked at to see if there has been any work done though, she said it was her sons but I don't think the son was a speed freak because it's damn near stock. The only aftermarket thing is the window tint. Man, 8k is a good deal even for a regular prelude

·
Registered
253 Posts
also ask about if its been in any accidents and when the last time the oil has ben changed, etc. 8k seems a lil high, i think u can bump it down a couple hundred.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
is this the SH version with rear wheel steering? or something along those lines? because that begins to fail at approximately the 45k mile mark. do more research on issues with ludes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads up. We don't know if it's an SH version, but it has all of the features the SH has, but it doesn't have the SH logo or anything which is very possible that it is an SH. I don't know but around my way, a base lude with 70k miles goes for $15k. Damn fast and furious.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
jordanair45 said:
I don't know but around my way, a base lude with 70k miles goes for $15k. Damn fast and furious.
WTFFFF

an 04 v6 exl goes for that much. WTFFF...
:mad:

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
SH models = atts..

i say do it!!

if you dont
you think she'll sell it for 7k if i come up from socal to pick it up wid cash?=P..LOL

and base model with 70k for 15gs? LOL..dont do it

im sick of the accord..and a lude seems fun at the moment

DOHC>*SOHC...

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
thats one hell of a deal. I hope there is nothing wrong with it.
Im selling my lude(65k, 10g), and people say thats a good deal.

Jump on it, begin modding. You'll love that car. Especially compared to 4cyl accords.
No offense, but it'll just be so much more fun. Like others said, mod the lude, and use the accord as a daily driver.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
i had a 97 base prelude with the sequential sport shift (auto) and put an AEM CAI/DC 4-2-1 ceramic headers/GReddy SP exhaust! even for an auto, it was a fun car to drive...handled extremely well and built solid with no problems!

the type SH only come in manual trannys and have the Type SH logo on the rear trunk. $8K w/59K miles is a good deal. I had 110K miles on mine and sold it for $7K.

i love the 'ludes man. great car, great engine! but make sure you do your research hard before jumping in. $8K is an awesome price!

·
Registered
4 Posts
jordanair45 said:
I would want this just to race little Civics and other ricers around town just because it is fun..
:rofl:

Well, If your ever in the St. Louis area, look me up, and my "little Civic"

8k for that car is a good deal, but unless you turbo it, don't look for it to have a hell of a lot of kills, lude's are too heavy for their power.... but they are sweet cars

be glad if its not an SH, all the electronic traction control crap honda added is just more things to slow you down and more trouble than its worth... what you need to start off with is like a non SH 5spd, a set of type S cams, a solid valvetrain (Skunk2 or Crower, I have Crower) and that should keep you happy... for a little bit

1 - 20 of 37 Posts