Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 accord speaker question

i am looking to upgrade my speakers and get a subwoofer for my 2002 accord, i already have a pioneer AVH-P4000DVD deck. My main question is that i know for a subwoofer i am going to need an amp. Do i really need an amp for after market speakers? if i dont put an amp for my speakers is there any difference?

·
Honda enthusiast
603 Posts
Oh there is certainly a difference. An amp boosting the speakers will provide more volume and better sound quality. Do you need an external amp for lightly upgraded speakers, no. I've run aftermarket speakers in a 2001 ex with a stock deck, huge improvement! People thought I had subs. Then I got subs. That was the real game changer. If your happy with the clarity and volume of just the deck's amperage paired with the loudness of your new subs, you can go without.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh there is certainly a difference. An amp boosting the speakers will provide more volume and better sound quality. Do you need an external amp for lightly upgraded speakers, no. I've run aftermarket speakers in a 2001 ex with a stock deck, huge improvement! People thought I had subs. Then I got subs. That was the real game changer. If your happy with the clarity and volume of just the deck's amperage paired with the loudness of your new subs, you can go without.
thats what i am thinking i have an after market deck that some people actually ask me if i have subs and i say no, all im running is the stock speakers with the pioneer deck. How easy is it to wire the amp my self? and does my car have a factory amp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts