Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Honda fix the tranny problem on the 02 V6? Honda says they did, so did msn auto review. Anyone know anything to the contrary?

Im thinking of buying an 02 v6 2dr?

Appreciate the help...
DC

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not altogether sure they did. They don't have the improved 7 year waranty on the 02 models, even though (AFAIK) its the same tranny. Just recently my tranny is starting to act wierd. I dunno if its my driving style or what, but I don't think it was acting this way when it was new. I only have 35k miles, but my commute is literally uphill both ways (i drive through a valley between work and home). I'd actually like to hear if anyone else out there has any input on this as well.

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Based on my experience on this site, I'd say Honda didn't fix the transmission on the 2002's. There have been plenty of members with 2002's that have had at least one tranny die on them.

Then again, according to the reliability ratings I've seen, the 2002's tranny scores higher than the 1998-2001's.

I don't know...

Maybe they did make the transmission a little better in the 2002, but didn't improve it enough to survive abuse from the leadfoots on this site :p

·
Registered
908 Posts
dont have the problem yet.

As u may noticed that I have the 02 and so far I dont have tranny problem yet. I put 55k miles on it from fresh 0 mile so...dont know...LOLZ
But then again, I dont have the "heavy foot" so it may help too... :D

Vu Tran from
www.haiokuracing.com

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
I put my car in D3 yesterday and it shifted funky. D4 is no problem but my D3 is wierd. I have a 2001 and my transmission is under full coverage but I don't want to have a huge headache. My car is also about 70 miles short of 48,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts