Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick noob question.

Does the 2003 Accord Coupe LX 4 cylinder have rear drum brakes or disk brakes? I already bought a set of HAWK rear brake pads, but I'm confused on whether I would need brake shoe sets. Some websites are confusing me...hope I didn't buy the wrong thing.

here's what I bought.

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/HB145-570

Thanks

edit - thought of some more questions :D

1. It is my understanding that for the rear calipers, I need to turn the pistons instead of compressing it with a c-clamp. Do I need a special tool for this or can I just do it with a Phillips or something? This DIY video shows some kind of a special tool....

2. Can I just pick up any anti squeal compound to place between the shim and the pad from a local auto store?

Thanks again

·
Registered
255 Posts
They're drums =( I have them and they suck. lol U can find anti-squeal at any autoparts store...i believe at autozone it comes in these lil packets kinda like complimentary toothpaste.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So did I buy the wrong thing? How come it lead me to that when I put in my car...argh

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it harder to install brake shoe sets for drum brakes? I think I could change the pads but not sure about these drum brakes...Damn I have to exchange or return these now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts