Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*********SOLD SOLD SOLD ***********2003 Accord EX coupe which is sapphire blue with black leather and stock navigation system. I purchased this car new in 2003. It pains me to sell this car, but I need a vehicle with awd due to work. I have worked with Paul (NVA-AV6) to build this car to the beast it is today. Please see below for details:

Motor/Transmission:

The car started out as a V6 (J30a4) 6-speed. In March of 2011, Paul (NVA-AV6) sourced and installed a J32a3 out of an Acura TL, along with the TL ECU. At the same time the motor was swapped, Paul sourced and installed a CL-S transmission. This means the car now has an LSD. The odometer shows 105K miles, but the new motor has about 30K miles on it. The motor has always run Pennzoil Platinum synthetic 10w-30 oil and is changed every 3500 miles.

Exhaust

I have worked my way through a ton of exhausts. I have had the Borla, the Magnaflow and the Greddy catback systems. I have had the RichieV6 V1 and V3 jpipe. I even tried a full 3" cat back. In 2011 I finally decided to spend the coin and have Paul (NVA-AV6) custom build be a complete exhaust and I couldn't be happier. The car currently has 2.25" down pipes (pre-cat deletes), a 2.5" equal length, long tube J-pipe and a 2.5" mandrel bent pipe running back to the split where it divides down to two 2.25 in pipes and out a set of Dynomax super turbo mufflers w/s2k oval tips. The exhaust has a single high flow cat and a massive Magnaflow resonator. The exhaust is all heavy gauge, hand welded stainless steel. There is zero drone from this system. It flows extremely well, sounds great during normal driving and comes alive during spirited driving. Here is the beauty of this exhaust- I had Paul build it so that the mufflers bolt on and the hangers are done in a way that the next owner can swap out mufflers to whatever they want without the need to go to a muffler shop.

Suspension

Just like with the exhaust, I have tried a variety of suspensions for this car. I started out with the HFP kit but I wanted the ability to adjust the suspension. Next came Koni Yellows with H&R Sport Springs. This was a great setup but I wanted to try the Tein SS coilovers to see what the hype was about. The car is currently on the Tein SS Coilovers. I am very happy with the ride quality of this suspension and its adjustability is great. The back has an Ingalls Camber Kit installed and is currently set at -1 degree of camber. The rear has a comptech sway bar and the front has a TL-S sway bar.

Wheels/Tires

The car will come with the stock V6 6-speed wheels which have all-season tires installed. The car will also come with a set of BBS forged 17x8.5 wheels from the Subaru STI which have high performance summer tires installed. I purchased these wheels because they are extremely lightweight and allow for a 235/45 tire to be used. I had the wheel hubs bored out from 56.1mm (Subaru) to 64.1 mm (Honda) by Ye Olde Wheel Shop in Elkridge (very well known professional shop). They also verified the wheels were true and without any bends. Both sets of wheels are in great shape (no bends, curb rash etc). The tires on both sets still have tons of life.

In order to stop rambling, here is a list of the features and mods on this car.

2003 Accord coupe EX, sapphire blue

J32a3 - sourced and installed by Paul (NVA-AV6) w/TL ECU

CL-S transmission w/LSD - sourced and installed by Paul (NVA-AV6)

OEM clutch and flywheel

Comptech short shifter

Clutch slave cylinder valve mod w/stainless braided lines (NVA-AV6 built/installed)

2.25" SS pre-cat deletes (NVA-AV6 built/installed)

2.5" SS long tube, equal length J-pipe (NVA-AV6 built/installed)

2.5" SS exhaust w/Dynomax mufflers and S2K tips (NVA-AV6 built/installed)

AEM Air/Fuel ratio gauge in a custom pod

Stock Honda Navigation system w/ orange DVD map update

Black Leather seats, front seats are heated, drivers seat is power

HFP front lip and rear spoiler

Power locks, windows, mirrors

OEM all weather floor mats in the front

MD legal ceramic tint

Newer battery

Boston Acoustics 6x9 speakers in the rear deck

LED taillights- modified by NVA-AV6 to function properly

Comptech rear sway bar

TL-S front sway bar

Ingalls rear camber kit

Tein SS Coilovers

V6p grounding kit

TL-S front and rear torque dampner

Ingalls torque dampner

TL-S transmission mount

Innovative side motor mount

Acura RL power steering pump (good-bye stock squealing unit on cold startup)

Unorthodox lightweight under drive crank pulley

AEM V2 cold air intake w/Dryflow filter

Intake manifold spacer- custom machined by NVA-AV6 for thermal gasket addition

Powerslot cryo treated front rotors with Stoptech pads

Rear brakes have the NVA-AV6 caliper relocation kit installed with Pilot rotors
-----------------------------------------
I am asking $7200obo for this car which is KBB value. There are a few chips in the paint and a small door ding on the passenger side, but it runs flawlessly and looks great for an 11 year old car. The pic is a few years old, but the car is currently sitting in snow and not shined for a photography session! Please PM me on here or text/call me at 443-420-eight three six five. I am located in Howard County Maryland. The car was paid off long ago, so I have the title in hand. At this point I am not interested in a part out.

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Very Very Very good price, sir. This is more than a reasonable asking price considering the mods you have done. GLWS! Best of Luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great car great price if I had an extra 7 lay n around I would defiantly buy this and give my 5at to my girl....would you consider a trade ? Maybe $3000 and my left arm?? Lol (j/k)

·
Registered
130 Posts
(A challenger appears)

I am very intere$ted in your car blu.
However I am located in Houston atm...
Do you know of a shipping company?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Honest seller, would buy from again. Your borla exhaust still doing it's thing. If you consider parting your current mods please pm me first. Thanks and good luck with this giveaway.

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
I have no dealt with this gentlemen in years..
But he is the first person I had a transaction on this website with
And I must say he is an extremely honest man and very trustworthy.
It kills me seeing you sell your car, buy with confidence as you can tell this car is already a beauty and a steal at this price.

Btw I still have your greddy :up:

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car passed MD emissions inspection/testing today! Bump!

·
03 Accord 6/6, 09 Audi A4
201 Posts
Do you happen to have any more pics of the front end paint chips and the engine bay by any chance? I'm located in AZ now and would need to do shipping. Was searching for an Audi s4 b7 body style, a seller fell through and cant find any S4's with low miles now. So am thinking of staying with the Ol' Reliable Accords and jump from a 6th gen to a 7th gen in the meantime.

·
201 Posts
Also, am very unfamiliar with the stock diameter exhaust for 7th Gens and the difference with your size of custom exhaust measured in inches. Is it raspy at all?

·
201 Posts

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry pics were sent... I'll try again. Darn spam filters!

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This car has been SOLD to a v6p member. I will truly miss this car, it has been an amazing project and I'm so happy she gets to live on!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts