Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up a 2003 accord v6 6 speed. When I bought it I noticed the clutch was slipping in the higher rpm, so I ordered a OE luk pressure plate, friction disk and throw out bearing kit. I just installed the new clutch, it came with a pilot bearing, but I didn’t remove the flywheel so I didn’t end up replacing it. I bled the slave cylinder.
Now here’s the issue, when the engine is off I can shift into most of the gears, as soon as I turn the car on, when I press the clutch in, I can’t get into any gear, doesn’t grind or anything just won’t go in. I tried starting it in 1st and it will drive, but I have to stall it to stop. Any idea? I can’t figure it out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also just changed the transmission fluid with 2.5 litres of Honda manual transmission fluid

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like the hydraulics have air in the system (likely) or the pressure plate is having an issue. Be sure to bleed the system well. If you need tips on how to bleed try google search for different methods. If gravity bleeding and then pressure bleeding doesn't do it, you may have to try using an vacuum type bleeder at the slave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts