Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vendors on v6p aren't allowed to push the R&D of products directly competing with v6p products, so we can't get our omni power coilovers developed through the vender IAP that v6p has a contract with.

Since Omni Power isn't affiliated with v6p directly, we can still get omni power coilovers developed. We just can't go through vendors etc through v6p.

I know a lot of gen7 owners are still very interested! So never fear, it hasn't totally dissapeared. I'm going to be talking to omni power to try to get them to develop the coilovers for our cars. Peter @ IAP already discussed it, and all they needed were my suspension pieces to start off the R&D. The thread got destroyed and peter told me he could no longer do it because of his contract with v6p.

I'm very excited about the omni power coilovers, and I know a lot of you gen7 owners are too, so I'm pushing the R&D from gen7accord.com's website. I'll also put everything on this thread as well, for those v6p only people (tho gen7accord signups are free etc just like v6p, if you wanna join it's not a problem).

I'll give you an update when I send in my suspension to omni power. In the meantime you can also checkup on the voting polls etc on gen7's thread:

http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=449

Let's help make this happen!!!

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
just wanted to throw this out there, gen7 gets nothing from pushing this production, and as such, it all rests on the buyers, to make it worth OMNI's while to put out a product. without the support of those interested, they wont want to put anything out.
gen7 isnt going to be vending these, they are merely putting in the time and effort (and sending out the pieces for R&D) that OMNI needs on our end, before they can put out a product. SO, let the capitalism begin!

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
As a mod of a car entheusist site to another ([email protected]), we have no problem seeing referrals to each other, sharing information with one another, and also joint-effort in pushing vendor to release product for 7gen accords. V6P never had act in a way to stop such things in motion.

We do however, have problem with vendors that step beyond the agreement, and conflict with the direction V6P is pushing toward. What disgusted us further, was this vendor took advantage of gen7accord.com and its members, when we tried to stop what they're doing in V6P. This vendor's action means they wants to make big buck themself with absolutely no cost involved.

V6P won't stop anyone from contacting Omni to get a kit developed - we never did such thing, and never will. However, we hate to see above mentioned vendor keep taking advantage of good people on both forums (v6p and gen7accord.com), keep taking advantage of our strong desire for quality aftermarket products, and keep taking advantage of this community that took years to build.

V6P is already working through D2M, and Omni to get this product developed. V6P members will, as always, enjoy special discounts. We will keep you informed of the R&D progress.

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brex said:
As a mod of a car entheusist site to another ([email protected]), we have no problem seeing referrals to each other, sharing information with one another, and also joint-effort in pushing vendor to release product for 7gen accords. V6P never had act in a way to stop such things in motion.

We do however, have problem with vendors that step beyond the agreement, and conflict with the direction V6P is pushing toward. What disgusted us further, was this vendor took advantage of gen7accord.com and its members, when we tried to stop what they're doing in V6P. This vendor's action means they wants to make big buck themself with absolutely no cost involved.

V6P won't stop anyone from contacting Omni to get a kit developed - we never did such thing, and never will. However, we hate to see above mentioned vendor keep taking advantage of good people on both forums (v6p and gen7accord.com), keep taking advantage of our strong desire for quality aftermarket products, and keep taking advantage of this community that took years to build.

V6P is already working through D2M, and Omni to get this product developed. V6P members will, as always, enjoy special discounts. We will keep you informed of the R&D progress.
Hey Brex,
I also talked to maurice about IAP and it looks like we will be going directly to omni power to talk to them. The thing is, I don't know if v6p has already started R&D with them for the gen7 coilovers? Can you let us know? I'm just wondering, because if you already have this started, then gen7accord.com would just help support that in anyway possible instead of going at it as well in a different direction. Let us know what's going on, and I'll also talk to them too to see if I can get more information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts