Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the TL Strut bar for my Accord Sedan. I looked on Acuraparts247.com and came up with this:

P/N: 74180-SEP-A00
Description: BAR, STRUT TOWER

Does anyone know if this is the correct part that I'm looking for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Askani said:
I'm thinking of getting the TL Strut bar for my Accord Sedan. I looked on Acuraparts247.com and came up with this:

P/N: 74180-SEP-A00
Description: BAR, STRUT TOWER

Does anyone know if this is the correct part that I'm looking for?
I don´t know if it will fit, but you can get the one from the 6sp Coupe, a few people have already done this, so we know it fits. I´m ordering mine from hardtopguy this week.
Art M.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Art M. said:
I don´t know if it will fit, but you can get the one from the 6sp Coupe, a few people have already done this, so we know it fits. I´m ordering mine from hardtopguy this week.
Art M.

What's the part number for the one from the 6sp Coupe? How much is it from Hardtopguy? Does anyone know if the TL one will fit the Accord?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Here are the part numbers for the TL sway bay and related bushings/brackets...

20mm rear sway bar - part# 52300-SEP-A11

bushings for sway bar (need 2) - 52306-SEP-A11

bracket for sway bar (need 2) - 52308-S3M-A00
 

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
Joined
·
3,545 Posts
Askani said:
Does anyone know if the TL one will fit the Accord?
I'm pretty sure the TL strut bar will NOT fit the Accord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03LXV6Guy said:
I'm pretty sure the TL strut bar will NOT fit the Accord.

That sucks. Well anyone know the part number for the Accord 6sp coupe strut bar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
0430Steve said:
6spd. strut part # 1091263

1091263 014 1 BAR, FR. TOWER NO COLOR 106.82 80.10

don't know if this link will work, but here it is, number 14

parts
Thanks alot. Link worked. I'm surprised that the Accord 6sp Strut bar is twice the price of the Acura TL Strut bar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Askani said:
Thanks alot. Link worked. I'm surprised that the Accord 6sp Strut bar is twice the price of the Acura TL Strut bar.
hey askani, let us know that works out for you. i was looking in to doing that too. but after looking at my engine bay, it looks more complicated than just bolting on the bar cuz of the firewall attachment and the other things bolted on there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
yeah, it doesn't sound too bad. it would just be nice to know exactly what clips i need to pull off b4 i do something stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ordered the Accord 6sp Strut bar. I'll get it installed by the dealer along with the HFP perfomance package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
oh well, i'll find an hour one of these days to poke around
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Askani said:
Well I ordered the Accord 6sp Strut bar. I'll get it installed by the dealer along with the HFP perfomance package.
the dealership chages u an arm and a leg for labor. they qouted me at $400 for labor on HFP suspension while i went to a certified honda/acura shop to have them do it for $120.
btw how much was hte 6speed bar? just curious. i ended up going for a neuspeed strut bar for $100 because i consider it a show mod as well :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sure hope they don't try to charge me that much. Does anyone know how many hours the Honda Manual says it takes to install? That way I can get the correct price. The strut bar cost $80.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
wj4 said:
the dealership chages u an arm and a leg for labor. they qouted me at $400 for labor on HFP suspension while i went to a certified honda/acura shop to have them do it for $120.
btw how much was hte 6speed bar? just curious. i ended up going for a neuspeed strut bar for $100 because i consider it a show mod as well :D

wj4,
where did you get he neuspeed strut bar for $100? does that include the shipping fee also?
or anyone knows where to buy the cheap one online?
I am thinking about buying one also, thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
How hard is ti to install the strut bar I'm interested in getting one as well but would really liek to know if its somethign I can do myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the strut bar installed. Works great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
hysuper said:
wj4,
where did you get he neuspeed strut bar for $100? does that include the shipping fee also?
or anyone knows where to buy the cheap one online?
I am thinking about buying one also, thx
it was really random...i was bored one day and searched on ebay. found an item with buy it now price of $100. (starting bid was $99) so i used buy it now.
the seller said that the item would be shipped from camarillo, ca. i asked them if i can pick it up in person and not get charged with shipping, the seller said that was fine.
so i went the next day to the neuspeed headquarter in camarillo and picked it up. it was a no traffic 30 miles drive with lots of uphills and downhills, along with turns so i didnt mind :D
however when i got there, i was surrounded by euros lol. bunch of golfs and jettas wanting to jump my accord :angel:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top