Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the 05 mustang? I was thinking about getting the cobra in 06 i think that is when they come out but i dont know if i like the bodystyle that much

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
I'm not to fond of the exterior styling but the interior is much better than the older models from what I have seen. And both the V6 and V8 engine that can come with the car look very powerful.

From C&D.com:
BASE ENGINE
Type V-6, iron block and aluminum heads
Bore x stroke 3.95 x 3.32 in, 100.4 x 84.4mm
Displacement 245 cu in, 4009cc
Compression ratio 9.7:1
Fuel-delivery system port injection
Valve gear chain-driven single overhead cams, 2 valves per cylinder, hydraulic lifters
Power (SAE net) 202 bhp @ 5250 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 235 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm
Redline 5750 rpm

OPTIONAL ENGINE
Type V-8, aluminum block and heads
Bore x stroke 3.55 x 3.54 in, 90.2 x 90.0mm
Displacement 281 cu in, 4601cc
Compression ratio 9.8:1
Fuel-delivery system port injection
Valve gear chain-driven single overhead cams, 3 valves per cylinder, hydraulic lifters, variable intake- and exhaust-valve timing
Power (SAE net) 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 315 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Redline 6000 rpm

DRIVETRAIN
Transmissions 5-speed manual, 5-speed automatic
Final-drive ratio 3.31:1
They bumped up the displacement to 4.0L and dropped the OHV configuration for SOHC on the V6 model, a smart move IMO :) .

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
There's nothing wrong with pushrod type engines if you ask me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
at least GM will keep the torch lit with the Camaro... itd be a real shame if they put anything but a pushrod in that... course i dont think they are going to put the 3.6L or a northstar in there... my guess is the 3.9L (~240 perhaps 270 by the time camaro/chevelle rolls out, or less for insurance reasons) and the LS series... with the Z/28 recieving the most powerful engine, most likely 375hp or thereabouts

course that aint set in concrete... but back to the subject thats at hand...

i think the new stang is OK, i wouldnt mind owning one, but fords move to 2 and 3 valve SOHC engine was STUPID, they dont revv any more then their old pushrods did, and they will most liely weigh more and be less reliable...

then again i heard that the 4.0L was only for a short time b4 a better V6 found its way in there....

300hp V8 is a nice try, but still not as much power as the 2002 camaro had... kinda sad really...

·
Can I call myself OG yet?
890 Posts
Cant wait till shelby or Roushe gets hold of them. The SVT in 2006 will be nice too. I will not EVER buy a GT or base model, though. They are not nice enough. The only thing I would touch is the SVT and higher.

I do love the new models though. The changeable guage cluster is a VERY nice touch, with hundreds of different color configurations to choose from. The seats are nicely done, and the back seats look almost functional. I am not too crazy about the steering wheel, but to each his own. The body is CRAZY. . .I love it.

Camaro will be better.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i like it. the gt-r concept....:drool:. like av6driver, ide love to see what the big tuners will do with them. saleen supercharged madness, mmmmmmmmmm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts