Accord V6 Forum banner

2005 Honda Accord w/ S2000, Custom Black Housed Low Beam

8K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  MysterGoode 
#1 ·
Here's a recent honda accord owner down in SoCal that had a previous retro done by someone else but decided to upgrade and commissioned me to create a elegant high class headlight for him.

I wanted something different but not too extreme to stay within his budget. I came up with the S2000 projector, custom low beam black face plate and a nice small chrome shiny bezel.

The small chrome shiny bezel came directly from HIDPLANET and everyone is more then welcome to buy a ton off them :)

The custom low beam face plate was used to retain the "projector" look without a huge bezel like from the Audi A4.

A nice glossy urethane black coating was sprayed over the whole housing while accenting the high beam portion.

And to top it off, the aftermarket clear side reflective piece was exchanged for the oem amber piece which looks very with the black glossy finish.

As you may noticed, I took extra care in the way how the custom face plate cuts off from the high beam circular area. The chrome edge on the side of the high beam facing the low beam area was left intact to make the high beam itself stand out and not hidden from the headlight. It stands out just enough to compliment the chrome metal bezel on the S2000 projector.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
Stock headlight trim.. underside view.. clearance issue.. time for the “fix it” :)

Ah.. much better :)

The clearance hole is larger then usual to accommodate the metal chrome bezel and for rotational adjustment side to side movement if needed.

Here’s one of my trademark secret ways of cleaning the headlight projector components before final reassembley. Please note this is just ONE step out of the whole process. I am not responsible for your house burning down… dying from the lack of oxygen from the accumulation of CO2 or your projectors getting ruined. I’m just showing you to prove to you that I’m not a pyromaniac as some of you may think I am and the picture just looks cool :)

Just look at the headlight projector lenses and bowl and tell me that’s not clean and shiny ;)

#6 ·

Anna, my girlfriend was here with me to snap a few pics as I finished up this headlight to package it that night to have it shipped out :)

Using the discontinued Hella Gen 3 ballast for test fitting the custom polycarbonate ballast case I made for the headlight for the owner. The owner already has the ballast so I’ll be shipping them without the ballast but just the cases so he can fit them onto the headlights.

This also shows the view of the back of the headlight for those who are interested in the view :)

The ballast case is strong enough for me to lift the whole 10+ pound headlight up without worry of breakage :)

#8 ·
as always, beautiful work. honestly, i think the thing im most impressed with is how well u laid the cf for the custom bezel, i could barely see the seams. and you took the care to make it look nice even though u knew u were gonna lay filler over it. i always enjoy seeing your work larry, keep it rolling.

#20 ·
Thanks for the comment, nice to hear since I just got sick last night and i'm still recovering from a cold.

Something like that is 1500-2000 dependning on if you have hardware or headlights or etc..

But anyways... AZ-V6-Hybrid retrofit ran into a minor problem with finding a suitable bezel to fill the TL projector... Not too much longer I promise.. I think everyone is waiting to see that one ;)

For those who don't have an account with HIDPlanet.. here's the Acura NSX work I did..

Part 1: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64134

Part 2: Glass Work http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64133

Larry

#21 ·
littodevil said:
Thanks for the comment, nice to hear since I just got sick last night and i'm still recovering from a cold.

Something like that is 1500-2000 dependning on if you have hardware or headlights or etc..

But anyways... AZ-V6-Hybrid retrofit ran into a minor problem with finding a suitable bezel to fill the TL projector... Not too much longer I promise.. I think everyone is waiting to see that one ;)

For those who don't have an account with HIDPlanet.. here's the Acura NSX work I did..

Part 1: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64134

Part 2: Glass Work http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64133

Larry
Thanks Larry! I keep forgetting you have to register with HID-Planet to see this stuff! :bonk: Still, It's a great place to get in depth HID info...

kramer2k said:
Speaking of....where is the AZ-V6-Hybrid retrofit already? ;) I'm still anxious to see those bad boys in action.
Yeah, me too!!! Looks like Larry has found a solution to our last hurdle!

#22 ·
littodevil said:
wow :eek:

#25 ·
whoagorgeous said:
Heh.. the reason why some people still go "wow" on the price is.. because pepole arin't used to it yet... People can spend 1,000 dollars on vertical doors... copule thousands easily on rims... or couple thousands on a high end sound system.

The headlight is a piece of the vehicle which gives it the final touch and the look to it. If you havn't noticed, grab any car magazine that is featuring a vehicle, chances are good there is a picture showing just the headlight.

Headlights is a visial cosmetic thing just like rims and vertical doors, however they go one step further with the performance aspect of letting you see at night. You can't tell me you can drive at night without headlights. True, facotry already comes with it, but arint' we all here to upgrade our vehicle to make it look different then one another, so that's why the headlights is also soemthign you can upgrade and make your car stand out :)

At night, chances are good the headlights is the first thing someone sees in your direction. The beam pattern, the light output is what catches the eyes first since it's the brightest thing on the vehicle. This isn't the same with rims or sound system or vertical doors.

But yet.. if you can spend so much on those stuff, custom headlights shouldn't be any different :) just we're not really "used" to it that's all... all the aftermarket headlights out there are cheap, not much selection and the quality just isn't up to par to OEM. :)

Okay time for me to rest... so i can recover sooner form my cold :)

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.