Accord V6 Forum banner

2006 Caddy STS-V

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  TooHypper 
#1 · (Edited)
New 2006 Caddy STS-V

The next "V" allstar to the line-up. Hopfully not the last either.

The new STS-V gets a 4.4 liter version of the DOHC Northstar V8. Yeah, so? Well it also just happens to be supercharged and putting out 440hp @ 6400rpm and 430lb.-ft of torque @ 3600rpm - with 90% of it's peak torque being delivered between 2200 and 6000rpm. Just in case you are a hp/L whore, that is exactly 100hp/L. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

The new motor is mated w/a new 6L80 Hydra-Matic 6 speed automatic transmission. The tuned suspension has being tested vigorously, of course, at Germany's Nurburgring, just like the little brother, the CTS-V.

It will also come with mesh grill, V badging, P255/45/18 in front, and P275/40/19 in the rear.

Expect to see 0 - 60 times sub 5 seconds, 160mph ++, and to priced somewhere in the 70's.

See less See more
#6 ·
Wow :eek:

That is pretty bad ass :) But for $70k+, it's cutting a little too close to the M5 and E55 AMG in price. Unfortunately, anybody who has that much money to spend on a car and isn't a diehard fan of Cadillac or domestics in general, will probably just fork over another $10k and get the M5 or E55 instead :(

#8 ·
TH23 said:
Wow :eek:

That is pretty bad ass :) But for $70k+, it's cutting a little too close to the M5 and E55 AMG in price. Unfortunately, anybody who has that much money to spend on a car and isn't a diehard fan of Cadillac or domestics in general, will probably just fork over another $10k and get the M5 or E55 instead :(

your right. i'm just glad to see that Cadillac has made an about face. insted of aiming to please an 80 yr old man, who will lose his driving privilages within a year or so when crashes through the front of a bank because he "mistook" the gas for the brake, they are trying to interest the early 30s to the mid-life-crisis crowds. i'm still in my early twenties, and they have my attention.

#10 ·
Man, Cadillac is really going all out :eek: . I could actually see myself driving one of these :) . But in about 15 years, that’s when I can afford to buy a car that nice :eek: :p .

SixSpeeder said:
what fun is hp without the torque??
:werd:

#13 ·
SixSpeeder said:
i heard it would go from the LS6 to the LS2 keeping the same HP. it would be cool if it got the LS7. but what would that do to the price. they should keep thought of keeping the obtainable.
LS6 isnt exactly massly produced right now.... its the ONLY car that has that engine.

LS2 is slightly less powerful than the LS6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.