Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the coupe also have some minor exterior changes for 2006, or just the sedan??? All i been seeing is the sedan. When will the 2006 models be in the market???????????? Any photos??

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
just wait a month or so more b4 they come out. only sure thing we know is the 10hp boost. well thats for all model. but minor mid gen styling should be expected.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Igotvtec04 said:
Will the coupe also have some minor exterior changes for 2006, or just the sedan??? All i been seeing is the sedan. When will the 2006 models be in the market???????????? Any photos??

I am sure the coupe will have LED lights

and i am willing to bet that the 8th gen will have HID like the TSX

·
863 Posts
^^ if any of those changes are the case, i'm going to friggin scream. And then I'll hope that it changes over to an 05 easily. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
I hope the 10HP gain is from the car running on premium or from a revised J-pipe design. That way we already benefit, or could bolt on our 10HP.

J

·
Registered
444 Posts
LED's

I'm still questioning the LED, I recently saw the new highlander and the taillights are regular bulbs but they way they have it set up makes it look like an LED. I guess we won't know since most of it is speculation off of pics. Also another observation and I maybe wrong, cars that have LED taillights also have HID's or options for HID's(such as g25, acura TL, merecedes, I maybe missing some. Just my opinion, and look at the 6th gen honda coupes, during Mid-year changes the lights stayed the same so I doubt it would change. I don't think honda thinks that the tailights are the hot mover for the coupe since there isn't that many decent aftermarket lights out now. How many peole said they were buying a coupe because of the tail lights?

But to keep it real, if they did switch the lights to LED I would be the first in line trying to mod my coupe :D

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Civic coupe got new tail lights for the MMC. previous gen civic coupe got new tails. RSX got new tails. S2000 got new tails. NSX got new tails. only recent coupe i can think of with the same tails throughout is the 6th gen accord coupe.

sure, cars on the road today with LED tails have HID options, but thats because all the cars with LED tails are higher end luxury cars (BMW, MB, Infiniti, Acura), which basically have HID standard unless you get the really cheap bottom of the barrel trim levels. but, theres no law or rule or anything that says if a car has LED tails it HAS to have an HID option. it would be awesome if the MMC for the accord included HIDs though. :D

the spy pics clearly show the sedan with LED tails. no way a light bulb can produce that kind of pattern. so, if the sedan is getting LEDs, the coupe will most likely get them too. and even the spy pics of the civic looks like they have LEDs.

·
Registered
554 Posts
yea new civic has led tails, well atleast the spied ones...

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
iVTECaddict said:
oops. ok i edited it. :D

i'm sure larry could. he can do anything! hrmm...HID back up lamps... :naughty:
:rofl2: great minds think alike, :rofl3: i thought of the same thing like a few months back...

like have a lil switch so u can blind the heck outta a tail-gater and have it aim right when ur backing up so u dont blind n e one... :p am i asking too much? yea i think so, ill shut up now :D

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
:rofl2: great minds think alike, :rofl3: i thought of the same thing like a few months back...

like have a lil switch so u can blind the heck outta a tail-gater and have it aim right when ur backing up so u dont blind n e one... :p am i asking too much? yea i think so, ill shut up now :D

It feels like watching "Dumb and Dumber" :pOP:

jk jk :gapteeth:

·
Registered
836 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:

that's easy...a bi-xenon projector in your tails. then wire up a switch for the highs so you can blind tailgaters, and have a nice cutoff for reverseing. :rofl: :bonk:

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Comptech supercharger comes stock with 2006 6mt COUPE and rear wheel drive :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
hopefully we will get LEDs but i would hold my breath b/c as stated earlier the coupes sell themselves and its the Sedans that needed the help.

·
Registered
167 Posts
that's easy...a bi-xenon projector in your tails. then wire up a switch for the highs so you can blind tailgaters, and have a nice cutoff for reverseing.
hahaha
good idea...

also give the cops a second thought of giving you a chase hahaha.
Sorry the only person should flashed me is a hot young lady!!!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts