Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that the 06 AV6 has the side skirts already on it from the factory? I have an 06 but can't tell if they are any different than the previous model.

I'm looking to get the OEM kit for my 06 - should I just call the dealer? I'm not any good with working on cars so I'd like to have them install it. How much is this likely to cost me? Will they know wtf I'm talking about when I call??

thx!

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes, there are already sideskirts on them that the previous accords did not have. I have no idea how they are attached, but I'm sure they can be taken off. I just ordered my front lip from www.1hondaparts.com for much cheaper than what dealers were quoting me for. I think its called a front underbody spoiler and they can look it up real quick. You have to ask the service department to find out how much install will be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So since it already has the sideskirts, the front underbody spoiler is all that we 06'ers need to buy? What about the back end?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Joyride said:
So since it already has the sideskirts, the front underbody spoiler is all that we 06'ers need to buy? What about the back end?
Yes there is a rear underbody spoiler for the 06 Accord Coupe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For some reason 1hondaparts.com has "body side molding" listed for the 06. You think it just goes over top of the existing side skirts? Is the $92 price tag for the pair or is it $92 for each side?

Odin did you receive your parts from them yet? Has anyone found this site to be reputable?? Are they actually the factory honda parts?

The dealership said they would let me buy from online and just have them install for a fee. Seems to be the best option....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ordered it over the weekend so hopefully it will come by Friday. The side molding is actually the line that protects against door dings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL yeah I just realized that. I'm stoopid.

The pic on 1hondaparts for the front underbody spoiler doesn't really look like what everyone else has...maybe its just the angle i dunno...

They claim its the factory parts so it should be the same. Lemme know how it looks once you get it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Joyride said:
LOL yeah I just realized that. I'm stoopid.

The pic on 1hondaparts for the front underbody spoiler doesn't really look like what everyone else has...maybe its just the angle i dunno...

They claim its the factory parts so it should be the same. Lemme know how it looks once you get it.
The picture on the site is not very good or accurate. In real life it looks exactly as the ones shown in previous treads. 1hondaparts is the online store/sale outlet for Vandergriff Honda in Arlington, TX. All the parts I have purchased from them come in Honda packaging i.e boxes, plastic bags marked with Honda and a part number.

·
Registered
807 Posts
phongtruong12 said:
they won't fit. someone else had a dealer mistakenly put them on, and they f***ed the car up really bad.
i did not know that, how is it diffrent from the older model??? Are the 06 side skirts not removable????

·
Registered
101 Posts
Igotvtec04 said:
i did not know that, how is it diffrent from the older model??? Are the 06 side skirts not removable????
:) OK 06 rocker panels are removable, however, there is no need to replace them when the body kit is installed due to their design. 03 - 05 rocker panels do not blend in with the body kit, so ya changed the rocker panels if ya installed the complete kit (front, rear & sides) and last but not least Honda doe not have side skirts for the 06. :angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts