Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy an accord coupe but i dont like the rear end of the new 2006 coupe. i was wondering if the trunk for previous years will fit without changing the tail light. i like the rounded look of previous year acoord coupe

·
Registered
809 Posts
sorry the trunk won't line up with the tail lights nor the bumper.....

if you wanted to do a rear end conversion you'd need the tail lights off of the 03-05 as well as the trunk and bumper....

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
why not just save the money and buy a used 03-05.....i can understand 03-05 owners that want to upgrade to parts that are out for the new 06...but the other way around is kinda perplexing...just get an 03-05....i beleive that you would need trunk, bumper, lights and possibly rear quarter panels as well..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya thats what i am thinking too unless all i have to change is the trunk itself. i just cant stand the giant 3rd brake light on the trunk

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
ok, so where do we u want to meet up?, ill do u a favor and trade our rear-ends, i'm always glad to help out a friend. hehe

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
oh man... don worry bro, i feel ur pain.. i HATE the 06's bak look too! ugly brake lamp and bad trunk shape.. i rather buy a 05 if i was u, save some money on it as well..
thas wut i'd do anyway

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
sunnyrodeo said:
ya thats what i am thinking too unless all i have to change is the trunk itself. i just cant stand the giant 3rd brake light on the trunk

why not be the first to remove and fill in the 3rd brake light on the trunk? than try to integrade one in the oem spoiler. that sounds alot more feasible than changing trunk, lights etc,... i like the new rear ends, but your right, that 3rd brake light kills it.

·
the tooth
307 Posts
i think the 06 rear end is SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING than MY03-05. The new ones make my 04 coupe look so dated and ghetto.

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
i used to not like the 06 rear end either, until I drove behind HONgDA's car for about a day.

it looks so damn classy and high quality. I love it. you guys gotta see it in person, lowered, and waxed.

however, I've seen colors other than NBP and didn't like it as much...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey....I'm exact opposite...I want the 06 rear...i have an 04 Black coupe....I'd be willing to trade if you're interested. There's pix on my profile....let me know!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts