Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is what a member on our board said.

Check out page 6 of the August 2004 Popular Hot Rodding. Johnny Hunkins editor has stated the Camaro is coming back as a 2007.

He also stated since GM has reduced many mid managment white collar jobs that many styling and design tasks have gone to first tier suppliers. In this case he sites Delpi as currently bidding on the steering column and airbag systems.
What I thought was interesting is how he stated it is coming. To quote '"I'm please to anounce with absolute certainty it will be back for the 2007 model year". He must know more than he could print.He also stated was excited Delphi would be involved.
So... its a year earlier then i thought, and hopefully itll put the mustang and Z in their places! :D just hope they dont put any OHC stuff in it... :mad:

·
201 Posts
It will come back just like all the other good GM cars. IT will be a FWD and a V6 if your lucky. Lets be real look at the monte carlo. I had an 87 SS that I loved to death and was proud to say I drove it and a diehard Chevy fan. I wouldn't be caught in a new one for anything. Its a mochery of a great nameplate. The only thing GM did right was the new GTO and even that is pushing it. Why wouldn't you want it to be OHC thats where all the power is now. Pushrod is old school everyone is getting away from it except GM. The Mustang has it since what 1996 was it. GM needs to step up to the times.:cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It will come back just like all the other good GM cars. IT will be a FWD and a V6 if your lucky.
Nope, riding on the Zeta platform this will be RWD with an array of V6 and V8 options

Lets be real look at the monte carlo. I had an 87 SS that I loved to death and was proud to say I drove it and a diehard Chevy fan. I wouldn't be caught in a new one for anything. Its a mochery of a great nameplate.
Yeah i agree, it supposed to move RWD by the end of the decade, its getting a V8 at least next year.

The only thing GM did right was the new GTO and even that is pushing it.
05 GTO has 400 ponies and is high quality

Why wouldn't you want it to be OHC thats where all the power is now. Pushrod is old school everyone is getting away from it except GM.
its the year 1929 dunsenberg builds a DOHC 4 valve/cyl engine, however i believe it was a straight 8. all early V8s were odd designs, SV (side valves) and the like. first modern OHV V8 (or OHV engine for that matter) was in like 1949 by Cadillac followed shortly by Olds.

So... the OHC design is 20(!?) years older then OHV. :rolleye2:

The Mustang has it since what 1996 was it.
Yeah? pointlessly too, it doesnt rev, its totally pointless.

GM needs to step up to the times.:cool:
Oh GM is stepping up to the times, it just has to kill off all its old stuf first :cool:

·
Registered
14,633 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
00AccordTypeR said:
Why wouldn't you want it to be OHC thats where all the power is now. Pushrod is old school everyone is getting away from it except GM. The Mustang has it since what 1996 was it.
GM's new line of v8 is- you guessed it: pushrod still! Ford came out with OHC 4.6's in 96 and they were just as slow as the ohv 302's they replaced that were designed back in the 60's.
Everyone is getting away from pushrods yet GM continues to offer better performance for less...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah...I'm glad GM is sticking to pushrods. They'll take some heat for it from the OHC/HP per liter/Anything-but-Big 3 fanboys, but if they can team it up with quality vehicles and tidy proportions ...some people will change their tune.

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
bored&stroked said:
Everyone is getting away from pushrods yet GM continues to offer better performance for less...
oh the irony!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Accord_V6_400m said:
Actually its only 350 ponies
Engine: All-aluminum 5.7L Gen III LS1 V8 (350hp/365 lb-ft torque)
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/specs_power.jsp
the 04 gto has the LS1 V-8 w/ 350. The 05 is getting the LS2 at 400/395. The official news release will be in August.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
the engine will be standard. and yes the autocross accessories
will be offered on the 05, along with some sorely needed body
changes.

What’s new for 2005
LS2 6.0L engine replaces LS1
400 horsepower (295 kw)
395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm)
Available hood with twin air scoops
Revised rear fascia incorporating outlets for new split dual exhaust system
Polished exhaust outlet tips
Larger brake rotors and calipers
Red-painted calipers with GTO logo on front caliper
Driver foot rest
Two new colors: blue and grey
Model Lineup
Engine Transmissions
6.0L V-8
6-spd man

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
They're saying functional... shocking enough

·
Wow, that's sweet. That's gotta add at least 10 ponies (by my uneducated guess). I'm trying to remember what the Ram Air hood scoops (on the SS version) added to the Z28's power. I keep thinking it was at least 10... :gotme: (I realize that the Camaro's power is irrelevant; I'm just speculating... :freak: )

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
DUDE, where did you get your avitar??? (DAVEDB)

Please give me some info on that, I think it was in a video along time ago.

Thank you

·
5,056 Posts
Oh yes, please give me a 2007 Camaro retro styled after the late-60's Camaro. Oh god those were sweet. And keep the live real axle please, thanks. None of this power-sucking independent rear nonsense. :gapteeth: Throw an LS2 in it, keep it light, and then I'll smoke Jenna's goat. :up:

·
TQ challenged
434 Posts
"To every silver lining, however, there is a cloud. There will be no Pontiac Firebird. In a conversation reported by Ward's Auto World, GM product boss Bob Lutz acknowledged the end of the Firebird by stating, "Firebird's day is gone." We doubt any body but hard-core Firebird enthusiasts will care though." :boo:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
SteVTEC said:
Oh yes, please give me a 2007 Camaro retro styled after the late-60's Camaro. Oh god those were sweet. And keep the live real axle please, thanks. None of this power-sucking independent rear nonsense. :gapteeth: Throw an LS2 in it, keep it light, and then I'll smoke Jenna's goat. :up:

:laugh:

Not if I lighten the goat and throw in a magna-charger. ;)

·
5,056 Posts
Denali said:
:laugh:

Not if I lighten the goat and throw in a magna-charger. ;)
So I'll lighten my Camaro too and throw in a super Venti magma-charger.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts