Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Story: So for past few weeks, we've been eyeing on the new camry. I had doubts about the design until I saw a white one. Man, I fell it love with it. My girlfriend did too. Whenever we saw one passing by, me and my girlfriend would do whatever to follow the camry in my bmw. We were pretty much obessed.

Then we found out that her mom was looking for a car yesterday. Today, out of nowhere, she brings home a brand new 2007 white camry, 4cyl model. :cool:

Exterior: What a design! I just love it. every angle. Honestly, from a close-up view, its not that great. Its one of those cars that doesn't look too good if its right next to you, but when you see it on the road, its just beautiful. It has that lexus image look. In my opinion, i can't believe toyota stepped-up the camry so much in terms of "class" in looks. Luxurious rear-end, smooth & sporty sidelines, and big "mild" front-end, somehow all flows along.

Interior: As expected from toyota's interior quality, it is great. Fit and finish = nice and tight. About the front main dash console, plastic pieces bug me a little. It looks a bit cheap during the day, but when illuminated at night, its REALLY nice. Though it might be too fancy for older people, to me, it was a wonderful touch. Gear knob is in perfect position to easily change with. Seats were comfortable as those sofas in your living room. Not much for sportyness, but considering the target market for this vehicle, they did a great job. Speedo dash's white LEDs reminded me of 7th gen accords. Very bright, easy to read. Overall, interior was simple and useful.

Engine & Transmission:
I really didn't get to floor the vehicle as it was brand new with only few miles on odo. I did give it a little more gas than usual regular driving style, trying to feel the bottom end power. I took it up to around 4~5k rpm. Myself being used to the bmw's N52 Inline 6, I thought the 4cyl camry would feel powerless, but I was wrong. It was plenty powerful for average drivers. Transmission was smooth, typical automatic "lag-feel" was there. (isn't toyota's new auto tranny something special?? I saw their website..)

Driving feel/Handling: To sum it up, the camry felt like "Wide-screen" when you sit in the driver's seat, while my bmw felt like "regular square screen". The car is HUGE, and feels big when driving. It absorbs alot of road debris, and VERY comfortable as expected from camry. Steering feel was just right. at least for me it was. Not best suited for sport driving, but it blends little bit of sport and comfort in my opinion. Its not super-light steering, or heavy steering feel like the bmw. Its somewhere in the middle, though it tends to be on the lighter side. Which isn't bad for this type of car. It is pretty responsive, not so highly though. Obvious body roll was there when corners were taken fast.

Overall: I would definitely recommand this car to anybody who is looking for a comfortable, stylish sedan. I think the new camry is no longer just for old people craving for comfort, yet reliable than their cadillac. I can only imagine how sexy this car will look when modified. Toyota did a fantastic job with this car. I no longer look at camrys and say "there goes the granny-only-camry". At least for the new ones I won't. :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
gotta admit, the new camry definetely impressed me when i saw it on commercial , then on the road..

and yes, the white one seems to bethe most atrrative one, maybe cuz they share a smiliar color (pearl white, i think) with lexus..cuz after all they are in one big family.hhaha

very sporty and yes, its no longer just a car for the older folks...i definetely consider this car if my budget is under $25k (i4 model of course)

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
SEE...nobody believed me about their 4 cyl 2AZ-FE. It's got a great powerband for a 4 cylinder motor, add in the proper gearing and a torque converter that doesn't slip all the way to 3k (honda ahem) and it does plenty fine moving you around town. Not like I can ever rev it over 3,000 in traffic here anyway :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
sweet ride

i recently purchased the 2007 camry se v6! I love it and i drove chevy v8's for the last 12 years. The speed,the handling and overall design of the car great!
I would recommend one to anyone buying a new car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the new camry too, especially the styling. It looks more sportier now, considering the previous generation of camry's were kinda of conservative on looks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my husbands 07, 1st pic has TRD springs the other 2 are stock springs with 18's... I think its a beauty!!

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
:up2:

·
2008 Solara Rag Top Lover
4 Posts
I'm new to the thread and to the forum. Just recently bought a 2008 Solara convertible. Absolutely love it. In our area, drought conditions just mandated water restrictions, so I'm no longer able to hand wash it. The owners manual says they shouldn't go through car washes. Anyone with an older model have any experience putting a "rag top" Solara through a brushless car wash? Are there any problems? I'd really appreciate any insight. Couldn't find any thing in FAQs or in other threads.... Thanks.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
A brushless shouldn't be an issue at all, but you should just take the time to care for your new car properly and do it by hand :)

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
AND it lets you go full throttle for ALL of first gear unlike the 8th gen accord :naughty:

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
The car did win Motor Trend's car of the year, after all. I'm becoming a big fan of Toyota's current styling (I'm still in love with the 03-present Corolla S/XRS). They have a cute psuedo-bubbly look to them, but also a sexy curvy look (as opposed to the current BMW/Cadillac sharp crease style), just how I like my women: Cute with a little sexy.

Now if only they shot a little more fun and feeling into the cars and made them more entertaining to drive? That's going from my experience with a 2007 Camry V6 XLE, my girlfriend's 2006 Avalon Limited (OH MY GOD that car SUCKS to drive!), my ex's 2005 Corolla XRS (the funnest of the bunch), and my friends' 2003 Corolla S and 1999 Camry Coupe. Of course, for the passengers and those with arthritis and back problems, Toyotas are golden.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Let's see if it hurts sales:naughty:
When Edmunds tests the 8G AV6 as being nearly a second slower in the 1/4 and over half a second slower to 60 than the camry...it might. Mag numbers suck, but that's all we have for now :hide:

·
Registered
796 Posts
When Edmunds tests the 8G AV6 as being nearly a second slower in the 1/4 and over half a second slower to 60 than the camry...it might. Mag numbers suck, but that's all we have for now :hide:
If people make a big enough stink about it Honda will probably revise the software.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The car did win Motor Trend's car of the year, after all. I'm becoming a big fan of Toyota's current styling (I'm still in love with the 03-present Corolla S/XRS). They have a cute psuedo-bubbly look to them, but also a sexy curvy look (as opposed to the current BMW/Cadillac sharp crease style), just how I like my women: Cute with a little sexy.

Now if only they shot a little more fun and feeling into the cars and made them more entertaining to drive? That's going from my experience with a 2007 Camry V6 XLE, my girlfriend's 2006 Avalon Limited (OH MY GOD that car SUCKS to drive!), my ex's 2005 Corolla XRS (the funnest of the bunch), and my friends' 2003 Corolla S and 1999 Camry Coupe. Of course, for the passengers and those with arthritis and back problems, Toyotas are golden.
The Avalon might not be your cup of tea but is definetely mine which is why I bought it. The Avalon is not a car I see alot of under 30's driving but in comfort and space it can't be beaten.

·
2008 Solara Rag Top Lover
4 Posts
Thanks for the answer, but please re-read my original post

A brushless shouldn't be an issue at all, but you should just take the time to care for your new car properly and do it by hand :)

I appreciate your answer that it's ok to run a Convertible Solara through a brushless car wash:D. I would appreciate it though, if you wouldn't mind re-reading my original post. When you do, you'll see it's impossible to hand wash right now:confused:. Water restrictions now make it impossible due to severe drought conditions which I cited in my original posting. If you run a hose where I live in Virginia right now, it's a $500.00 fine. That's why I asked the question. Need to get the car washed, but I don't want to damage the top when it's pressurized in a brushless car wash when the blowers are activated.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts