Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys & Gals. I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking around on here with my boyfriends account -->RedValve<-- and decided to go ahead and make one here as well. I know some of you have already seen these on "the other forum" (LOL, i don't want to promote another site here... i guess) but ... allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lay, yes, that is short for something. Hence "layforshort", is the username.

I got my car on my birthday, January 22 of 2010... So as far as the mods go, I haven't gotten ALOT done. But here are some things that I've got:

Megan Racing Coilovers - Megan Racing Camber Kit - Progress Sway Bar - SPC Toe - WeatherTech Window Visors "Dark" - HFP Front Lip - Color-matched Engine Cover, Brake Calipers & Muffler Tips - HID headlights & foglights

And now... Meet.. BOO-BEAST!

So... I call her "Baby Beast" and "BOO-BEAST" because I'd like her to be a girl.... LOL, or STITCH! (BECAUSE MY UNISEX/TRANS-GENDER VEHICLE IS BLUE!) <3 xP Trans-gender, because she loves to accessorize and is GLAMOROUS ... but can still keep up with the big boys! Maybe, she's just my little tom-boy! :lmao:

My iPHONE...

This one's a bit scary! Looks like I've rear-ended my boyfriend's accord from this view! Haha, just for laughs, and that feeling where your heart sinks down into your chest, your jaw drops, and eyes pop out of your head! xP

Painted the engine cover...

Close up...

Painted exhaust tips & debadged...

Close up...

& here she is again with WeatherTech window visors... (brake calipers are also blue.)

Pic of the megans:

... & look, she's making friends already! LOL. i saw this white coupe [belongs to xDJGURUx]

I love the results. The ride comfort is exactly the same as it was without coils.

And if any of you were interested, here's a pic of the OEM sway bar, versus the progress sway bar:

and lastly... this is my BOO-beast with her boyfriend (my boyfriend's car).

Opinions welcomed! :]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is ur b/f's accord flat black? or just primered for paint?
It's actually more of a satin black. The front was sanded down. So this pic is not the best one of the beast. Did he steal my boo-beast's shine?! :( lol

1,221 Posts
Glad to see that one of your first mods was slamming it. Clean 8th gen! :up:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for the nice comments! :]

Glad to see that one of your first mods was slamming it. Clean 8th gen! :up:
Yeah, for a while, when I first got it, I was ready to throw the HFP underbody spoilers/lip kit on and slam it on coils right away. My boyfriend kept saying "If you rush things, it's not going to look good. You can't rush something like this!" That's why I only have the front lip, as of right now, if any of you didn't notice =_= I got the front lip installed first. Then I debated whether to drop first or finish the kit. I figured the car looks better stock & low then hfp kit with wheel gap... So i pulled the trigger on going with the megans first. I will be getting my HFP side skirts and rear lip next week though. Stay tuned! <3

hey nice car LAY and welcome :) i love the painted valve cover
Yayy, no jokes about my nickname! Haha. Thanks, if you're wondering, I used this paint:

Also, on my brake calipers:

welcome! i got new sig :up:
Haha, nice one! I thought it suited us, since we're both car enthusiasts, in our v6 accord coupes. It was the least corny I could get. :D

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Very clean!!! :up: I like all the nice subtle mods like the painted exhaust tips and calipers....all those mods add up w/the other mods to make a clean ride!! Btw,I like the drop too!
And welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very clean!!! :up: I like all the nice subtle mods like the painted exhaust tips and calipers....all those mods add up w/the other mods to make a clean ride!! Btw,I like the drop too!
And welcome to the forum :wave:
thank you ! i spent two minutes looking for a blushing smiley... but didn't see one. then again, i might've overlooked it, as it is 4:50 am and i haven't slept yet. haha. *blushes*

·
MATT
2,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum...doesn't look like you will have to hear the "lower it more" phase anytime soon....I like the drop....keep it clean and your car will continue to look great :up2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the nice compliments! HFP side skirts & rear lip coming on this week! I'll keep y'all posted.

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
nice upgrades just not diggin the painted exhaust tips

·
Registered
26 Posts
lay would you be interested in a set of axis shine wheels. I have a 2008 ex-l v-6 that I am looking to sell so i would like to get rid of the wheels and tires. I live in dallas too. In fact i saw your car in the parking lot of ****s sporting good the other day. I was jealous of your coil overs. I had to go with eibach drop springs bc there werent any coil overs out yet when i set mine up.

Any way let me know. Id like to see them get a new home :)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/Flynndaddy/sDSCN3015.jpg

1 - 20 of 61 Posts