Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my car is the 3.5 with 175k miles on it. I started it up the other day, it started fast and normal. I drove it one town over got some food and began to head back home; while driving 40-50 mph I pressed the brake and the car shut off, all dash lights came on. I coasted into a parking lot and tried to restart it, nothing. I tried jumping it with a friends truck, and it will turn over but not start. I had the battery tested at autozone and they say its fine and at 100% charge. I can hear the fuel pump cycle when I turn key to on, and I have taken one coil off, stuck a spark plug in it and grounded to metal, the car still has spark. So far all fuses underhood check out okay(visually and with test light). CEL is not lit, but I had some old stored codes for 02 sensor and temperature sensor. I also tried to start it with and without my VCM muzzler 2 resistor connected.
So I had the car towed, and now Im sorta baffled how to troubleshoot this without throwing cash at it. Is there a way to test the relays? or a way to test the Crank sensor? Could a failed ignition switch cause it to turn off while driving and then cause a no-start situation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts