Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 2013 Accord Coupe EX 6AT V6 dyno - 246whp and 224wtq. Very impressive and very underrated! I remember when TOV dyno tested ignition keys 8th gen accord v6 6MT. that put out 239whp stock. I wonder what a 2013 V6 6MT would put to the wheels! Thank you Bisimoto for the video!

Bisimoto Baseline of 2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L - YouTube

·
Registered
806 Posts
Holy cow nice!

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Wow, I really want to drive the 6mt with full bolt-ons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i want more sound outa mine but not the ricey type sound any one got leads on a great sounding aftermarket setup

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Not bad at all. I'd assume the 6MT would put down 255-260/235-240 in that case. Damn.

·
My8thGen.com
258 Posts
I'm 1,500 Miles in now on my 2013 - I think it's time for a Baseline dyno and see where the numbers stand with mine.

I'll be honest, it is faster than my 8th Gen WITH all my mods. The 6AT is what the Accord needed from the beginning starting with the 8th Gen.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'm 1,500 Miles in now on my 2013 - I think it's time for a Baseline dyno and see where the numbers stand with mine.

I'll be honest, it is faster than my 8th Gen WITH all my mods. The 6AT is what the Accord needed from the beginning starting with the 8th Gen.
Did you have the 6MT 8G or 5AT? If you had the 5AT, that explains it. The 6MTs should be pretty close. I believe the 9G isn't much heavier at all, if any, and only gained a few hp.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
I would like to see TOV do a dyno with the 9th gen 6mt. That will give us ground to compare it to the 8th gen numbers. Driving the 9th gen didn't feel any faster than my 8th at all

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to see TOV do a dyno with the 9th gen 6mt. That will give us ground to compare it to the 8th gen numbers. Driving the 9th gen didn't feel any faster than my 8th at all
I know TOV put down 239whp 221WTQ stock from an 8th gen accord 6MT. Since the 6AT accord put down 240WHP and 225WTQ, I am sure the 6MT will trump that. Even though it didn't feel any faster I am sure it will be as it has a better power to weight ratio then in the 8th gen.

In reality I think the engine is highly underrated. The TSX V6 that was tested put down 232WHP and 202WTQ (280 crank hp). At the crank the engine in the Accord 6AT is probably producing closer to 290hp and 265TQ!

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
What makes you think that the 9th gen auto trans is as power robbing as the 8th?

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What makes you think that the 9th gen auto trans is as power robbing as the 8th?
The consistent power loss over the years with J series automatic transmissions. They seem to be robbing about 20-25% from the dyno numbers I have seen compared to crank numbers. Just my opinion. Even if the 9th gen transmission isn't as power robbing, I would doubt it is down to the Manual transmission power loss.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
The consistent power loss over the years with J series automatic transmissions. They seem to be robbing about 20-25% from the dyno numbers I have seen compared to crank numbers. Just my opinion. Even if the 9th gen transmission isn't as power robbing, I would doubt it is down to the Manual transmission power loss.
Yea I would doubt the manual trans will be power robbing as well. It would be strange to see 9th gen put down 10-15 more whp over the 8th gen considering the 9th gen is smaller weighs a little less but yet has same 1/4 mile times. Regardless I'm impressed with this auto dyno

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't start new threads until I have 10 posts. Has anyone seen how GDI (gasoline direct injection) is affecting the engine oil in the new engines? TIA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts