Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Mark G.
1,333 Posts
and as for the F1 racing comment, if I remember correctly the Hyundai Genesis Coupe raced at the Formula Drift Professional Drifting Championship, the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb and select Redline Time Attack Series events in 2009 – thanks to a joint venture between Hyundai and racing champion Rhys Millen so Hyundai is definitely on the up and coming.
thats it? who cares its still a hyundai!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The new front end is hideous. Looks like a whale shark. With that said, the platform is a great one. The interior of the current Gen is pretty nice, so I imagine this one will be better.

I have to give Hyundai credit, since they are doing it big. The Gen sedan is one sick car. The coupe looks really nice although it's performance is mediocre. The new 2.0t seems to be the winner here with tons of aftermarket support, which will easily exceed 320-330whp on the stock turbo it looks like. The 3.8 is no slouch with what should be ~300whp stock, but will weigh a bit more. Stock for stock it will be no comparison like current. But once modded I'm sure the 2.0t will win.

Jiga Idk about a stock SI beating a 3.8. The SI's are rather slow in stock form, running 14.8-15.x usually. There was 1 I saw that ran 14.5 @95 I believe, but still nothing amazing considering the trap speed. Stock 3.8s are usually around 13.9-14.5 @98-101. My buddy owns one (6MT) and had my cousin drive it to race me. From a dig I left late so he immediately jumped 1-1.5 cars. I reeled him in and passed him once I hit 4th gear and pulled about 1-1.5 cars to 115. He was bone stock and we both had passengers (should've gotten it on tape). Although I had a bad start, they are still quick cars and should leave a stock SI pretty easily. I will say though that with the 3.8, their straight line performance is rather lacking.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
My friend Joel has a Genesis Coupe 3.8L GT Auto. He is bone stock and we are going to the track on february 4th to duke it out. Should be a good run(I won't be surprised if I lose thats for sure). With his GT he has the 18's and softer suspenson setup vs the track and r-spec suspension. With my mods I am hoping to give him a run for his money! Im going to video tape it for sure.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
My friend Joel has a Genesis Coupe 3.8L GT Auto. He is bone stock and we are going to the track on february 4th to duke it out. Should be a good run(I won't be surprised if I lose thats for sure). With his GT he has the 18's and softer suspenson setup vs the track and r-spec suspension. With my mods I am hoping to give him a run for his money! Im going to video tape it for sure.
Good luck! And get some runs on tape :up:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
A stock 8gen si will Park the 2.0 turbo & will pull on the 3.8 v6 by a car minimum....stock 7gen accord pulls the stock si with no iVtec, LSD or high compression...u wanna know why ?

Examples of some Overrated cars;
g35 306, the 3.8 v6 eclipse 260, the first gen cobalt ss 260 sc (the following gen was a win tho turbocharged), the fail hyundai's u strive for both 4 & 6 cyl (2013 models might be pending this list also, hopefully not for the Hyundai fans)

There is no credit due for genesis...I wanna see the v6 beat the new mustang lol or camaro...better yet see them beat each other...watch the 2.0 win over the 3.8 stock. Because when both modified the 2.0 would outrun the 3.8 in the current gen genesis models.
Gen coupe vs Civic SI modded: Looks to me like the Genesis walked

Just so you know, the Supercharged Cobalt had 205hp. The turbo had 260.

Gen coupe vs Camaro/Mustang: Beat the camaro

Its no question that the Gen V6 will beat the Gen 2.0t stock for stock. It almost seems that is what you are elluding to in your second to last sentence, that the 2.0 will beat the 3.8 stock for stock. The 3.8 is not slow by any means and hangs tough with the Mustang and Camaro that boast the same power. Your argument seems a little biased because the car is a Hyundai in my opinion. Because if you're going to say the 3.8 is slow, then you have to say the Mustang and Camaro and slow, and I don't see you saying that.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
They are slow for the power rating they have. I think we can all agree to that.

I'd take a BOSS302 mustang over a Hyundai Genesis. :)

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
Your argument seems a little biased because the car is a Hyundai in my opinion.
No need to state the obvious. That's what 90% of this thread is. You and I both know that if you simply swapped on a Honda badge, pretty much all Honda fanatics both new and old would be lining up at dealerships to buy them with long wait lists and would pay full MSRP and would not be able to stop talking about how great they are. :laugh: Because it's Hyundai though, it gets the same incredibly tired "it's still just a hyundai" and other type arguments. As if Hondas are sooooo much better these days? :gotme:

·
5,056 Posts
Also no one has stated Honda is above and beyond everyone else. Also I think everyone knows that the 90's accent days are behind as every car company has evolved since then. I think you are beating a dead horse.
Hyundai has evolved tremendously over the past 10 years. How has Honda? :gotme:

·
5,056 Posts
Hyundai did put together a decent platform to work off of. But the accord is in no comparison to the Hyundai. The Accord has absolutely no performance in mind during production/development.

Honda's primary goal is fuel efficiency, smaller displacement, without sacrificing power.

SOHC V6 Honda Accord makes as much power as alot of DOHC V6 out there. If Honda can develope this kind of engine, with lesser moving mechanical components and still yield the same power, You ought to bow to that.
I agree. The Honda SOHC V6 engines are nice, simple, elegant designs that make decent power and are pretty efficient.

But they're boring.

And that's the problem.

There's nothing about any Honda these days that gets me even the least bit excited. Honda has not come out with anything truly "new" in over 20 years now! Every car and every design they have is the same thing as before just iterated one step further. Even if it still works well, and it does, SOHC VTEC dates back to the early-90's Honda Civic for crying out loud!

Give me something that inspires me! WTF ever happened to the "Power of Dreams". Hondas put me straight to sleep these days. Just checked out the new 2012 CR-V. Same boring 4-cylinder engine. Same boring 5-speed automatic. Still doesn't look all that great. Still no optional engine. No V6. No turbo-diesel. No turbo-petrol. No nothing. Even Toyota has far more interesting and exciting cars. Honda used to be considered the "Japanese BMW" before. Infiniti stole that right from them and Honda didn't even put up a fight. No new NSX. No new S2000. No RWD cars. No nothing. Just the same old stuff iterated over and over again.

Sorry but even if it's a GOOD car, and plenty of Hondas are, I'm looking for more than that these days. If it wasn't for my wife and her own flavor of brand snobbery, I could easily consider more than a few Hyundais these days. But nothing from Honda even gets the slightest pulse elevation from me. :(

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
No need to state the obvious. That's what 90% of this thread is. You and I both know that if you simply swapped on a Honda badge, pretty much all Honda fanatics both new and old would be lining up at dealerships to buy them with long wait lists and would pay full MSRP and would not be able to stop talking about how great they are. :laugh: Because it's Hyundai though, it gets the same incredibly tired "it's still just a hyundai" and other type arguments. As if Hondas are sooooo much better these days? :gotme:
Buddy what are u talking about ??? The new accord is blah looking 2013 & the new 9th gen si looks like a Camry. Sales drop to the floor for 9th gen si...they are both dissapproved from an alleged fanatic right here. Nobody ever said Honda was the best. Hondas resume has beautiful history & Hyundai genesis resume is horrible. Not even gonna say Hyundai resume, cause that will be straight up game over lol

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
Gen coupe vs Civic SI modded: Looks to me like the Genesis walked
Si vs Genesis 3.8 MT - YouTube

Just so you know, the Supercharged Cobalt had 205hp. The turbo had 260.

Gen coupe vs Camaro/Mustang: Beat the camaro
V-6 Coupe Drag Race! - Mustang vs Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs Camaro RS vs Challenger SE - YouTube

Its no question that the Gen V6 will beat the Gen 2.0t stock for stock. It almost seems that is what you are elluding to in your second to last sentence, that the 2.0 will beat the 3.8 stock for stock. The 3.8 is not slow by any means and hangs tough with the Mustang and Camaro that boast the same power. Your argument seems a little biased because the car is a Hyundai in my opinion. Because if you're going to say the 3.8 is slow, then you have to say the Mustang and Camaro and slow, and I don't see you saying that.
Ok so my bad on cobalt ss mix up, the one I smoked claimed 260hp, so I got confused (sorry I don't really follow cobalts). Now when I mentioned the stock genesis race, I meant the newer ones that didn't drop yet. Don't be surprised if the 4banger takes the 6 with no work or little. I watched the vid with si btw and not impressed, u just literally kill confirmed my statement for me (all the mw3 peeps know what I mean lol)..that they are Overated...why can't the big 3.8 v6 pull away from the lil 2.0 ???? They are both not stock either btw...
Argument is def biased based of hyundai correct! They have proven to release overrated cars duh lol. Like I said I hope Hyundai proves me wrong, because they will sell less than the small total of 35,000 genesis from 09 till now 2012 if they come out with more weak cars.

·
5,056 Posts
Buddy what are u talking about ??? The new accord is blah looking 2013 & the new 9th gen si looks like a Camry. Sales drop to the floor for 9th gen si...they are both dissapproved from an alleged fanatic right here. Nobody ever said Honda was the best. Hondas resume has beautiful history & Hyundai genesis resume is horrible. Not even gonna say Hyundai resume, cause that will be straight up game over lol
If you think the new Hondas are so awful, then why are you bagging on Hyundai so bad? Talking about cars, things you drive, not brand history. Compare Honda's lineup of actual cars to Hyundais, and it's instant game over for Honda imho. Everything Honda fanbois have wanted and been begging for over the past decade, Hyundai has. RWD, turbo, bigger NA engines, V8's, aftermarket support, 6MTs, manuamatic autos.

Hyundai and the Genesis don't deserve any credit? BS man. :bs:

·
5,056 Posts
u just literally kill confirmed my statement for me (all the mw3 peeps know what I mean lol)..that they are Overated...why can't the big 3.8 v6 pull away from the lil 2.0 ???? They are both not stock either btw...
Civic Si's run high-14's stock tops.
3.8 Genesis 6MT or 6AT run high-13's stock.

So the Civic obviously had a whole LOT of work done to it, plain and simple. Both stock, the Genesis will be pulling many many car-lengths.

Edit: From listening to the video, it's pretty obvious that the Si driver was pretty good too. Almost no audible gap in power application between gear shift. Very fast clean shifts. Was the Genesis driver as good?

·
Nor Cal Coordinator
2,759 Posts
I will, after you buy my car :)
K, you buy me one I'll buy you one.

go buy one and tell us how you feel after
I will feel the same way, I rather have a GC, or Equius then a civic, Accord, Camry or Corolla.

There is a guy on my Acura forum had a 2010 TL bought a Hyundai Gensius 4.6 and did a full out breakdown/comparison of the car. If you want me to link it to you I can, because this guy has driven/owned both and not just going off of a brand.

·
5,056 Posts
There is a guy on my Acura forum had a 2010 TL bought a Hyundai Gensius 4.6 and did a full out breakdown/comparison of the car. If you want me to link it to you I can, because this guy has driven/owned both and not just going off of a brand.
And there's a guy on Bimmerfest who has both an F10 (2011) 535i and a Genesis 4.6 as well. While he feels the BMW is the "better" car overall, he still thinks the Genesis is 90% as good for a whole lot less money, and is wondering if he's going to keep buying BMWs. He feels that the Genesis is "enough".

21 - 40 of 62 Posts