Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I need any thought on what could be wrong or what can I do to fix it. I bought new rotors and pads for my car. I got EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors - Front Rotor Set, EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors - Rear Rotor Set
and EBC green stuff pads all around. So I have put on about now 2,000 miles on it I never actually went fast with them just worry if it would stop or not. But today I stated off at a light with tlx and went to like 115mph and when I break slowly it work fine, than I was cruising to the red light and I went to press the break and it was like I had no break luckily it was green light and where I was going was right there. But this has never happen before, the break has been amazing stop instantly driving in normal conditions but does anyone have any idea why this may happen? I have not driving it tonight but will update tomorrow what happens. Thanks

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well I can speak to the brakes (not breaks ;)

Sound like you have air in the system,need to bleed the brakes. There could also be a pin hole in a line that's letting air in, so go over all hoses/lines.
Also check your fluid level

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did the pedal feel like when you tried to stop harder? Was it mushy? Sink to the floor? Or did you have a nice hard pedal? At first I was wondering if you'd properly bedded in the brakes but EBC's have that coating to ensure a good (and fast) bed-in. Plus with 2k mi on them, I doubt you didn't have proper pad transfer onto the rotor. Were you able to activate the ABS by pushing hard enough like during an emergency stop? If you can't activate them, then something is wrong and you need to get it fixed for your safety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts