Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, yet a longtime devotee having owned 5 Accords over the years. My daily driver is a 2016 Accord EX-L V6 that I purchased new, it has been reliable and I continue to be satisfied with its style & performance, the vehicle is now six years old with 23,600 miles on the odometer. I am not a mechanic, although I have kept this car well maintained and replaced the original tires at 20K as the factory set was loosing grip on wet roads.
Allow me to state that my avatar photo is not my car, however it is similar. Will post a true photo of my Accord asap.
Reason for me joining this forum is to share experience with fellow Honda-ers and to gain tips on upgrades. My Accord is paid-in-full and [of course] the warranty has expired.
I've considered replacing the audio speakers, front, rear, side ground-effects, perhaps a CAI and a dual exhaust system. Any advice, tips or suggestions [pro or con] is appreciated.
Recently, I discovered that half of the driver's side LED DRL was not working. I contacted the dealership and was informed that there had been issues with the running lights and the LED strip alone cannot simply be repaired ~ the entire headlight assembly is one-piece. Honda has a recall which provides replacement free of charge. Ended up with new driver and passenger side assemblies = An interesting and a bit comical yet lengthy story for another time.

Looking forward to hearing from forum members

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you. I started simply as you did. Gleaned other work that members are doing to their cars. Had to upgrade mine. I started with an easy install, the rear sway bar - makes a huge difference in turns! Then, I had to add a Cold Air intake - that really woke up this little car. Then.....

Reactions: That1LittleJohn

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever swapped the engine in this car for a different engine... I have the 2016 EXL 3.5L V6 and my engine is toast, If i have to i will put the J35Y1 back in it but maybe someone has swapped for something with even more hp or an engine that can handle further upgrades? (I also no little to nothing sooo bare with me..trying to prove boyfriend wrong so i can go faster...lol)🏎🏎🏎

·
Registered
2014 J35Y1 EX-L
3 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you. I started simply as you did. Gleaned other work that members are doing to their cars. Had to upgrade mine. I started with an easy install, the rear sway bar - makes a huge difference in turns! Then, I had to add a Cold Air intake - that really woke up this little car. Then.....
Hi there, I was interested in your opinion of the 3.7 MDX manifold versus the 3.5. Were you able to create more power? Do you have a basic or custom tune?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts