Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
California Tint next to Tech 3 on Monterey quoted me $220 for all the windows except for the front windshield on my 6th gen sedan. Originally $230 before I told him about bringing in two other cars with me. Is this a good price or do you guys know of a cheaper place with lifetime warranty in the San Jose area? Thanks.....

·
Registered
772 Posts
is this that j &t or something like that next to tech 3? the mexican place? if so they do a very good job

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
it depends...what kind of tint do they use? 3m is good because it has a life time warranty. But in my area, 20 is about the highest, and 180 is probably the lowest. so it seems average to me.

Mine was 190 with taking the original tint off, and then putting an illegal tint on. (18%)

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
220?!?! omg..... what a rip...

what kind of tint are they using? How good is their work? Do they do the back in 1 or 2 pieces? do they take out ur 3rd brake light? Life time warranty?

I got mine done for 150... Llumar tint VERY VERY good work,

All my friend got theirs done for under 200 at different shops. And I have a sedan too.... i say keep looking around.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That's average price around here in Nor Cal. There's a place that I went to before out by Silver Creek that did it for 200 a few years back (on a coupe). Now they charge $220. Getting tint done in Nor Cal is EXPENSIVE. I'm taking my car out to So Cal to have it tinted since it's like $150 or something like that out in So Cal.

·
Registered
772 Posts
u talkin bout california tint on silver creek right kristine?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speedstyles408 said:
is this that j &t or something like that next to tech 3? the mexican place? if so they do a very good job
Nah this place is in the auto plaza place with karmakers...speedee mufflers...
After making a few phone calls...I think that $220 is and ok price. This other place I called quoted me like $350....must be the bullet proof kind.... :rolleye2:
Cali Tint does offer lifetime warranty so it's koo I guess...

·
Registered
772 Posts
cali tint did mah tint on mah car and had no probs yet so very good quality for about 200 bucks

·
Registered
966 Posts
if you guys are in the s.f area, therse a place that can do it for under 200 for a sedan. and uses luminar? or was it 3m? pretty good work and lifetime warranty.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
This other place I called quoted me like $350....must be the bullet proof kind....
LoL!

BTW, some shops try to cheat you buy charging u more for a darker tint... don't fall for that

·
the lone outdoorsman
498 Posts
if you guys dont have existing tint theres a place in vallejo that will do your car for $30 per window.

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
holy crap..220 for tint...dude..it's so worth the drive down to socal..hahah...and get it done for like a bill or so....while youre down here..you could use the money you saved from getting the tint in socal..and use it to go out and kick it

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got mine done by tints r us it a mobile company so they can do it in your drive way they have just about any brand of film i think tey are stationed in santa clara but i'm not sure. either way they provide lifetime warranty and my coupe cost me $190 to tint, talk to them they are easy to bargain with 408-971-7009

·
Registered
772 Posts
i think know that tint r us guy get a group of people who wanna do tint and he'll work out a deal...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aite...just paid $240 for mines at California Tint. Turns out that $220 was for a three year warranty coverage only. I was feeling a little bleh about the price, but it's the results that matters. My car looks A LOT better. I think they did a great job on the tint. They took their time and looked for any kinds of flaws carefully.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts