Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the moment i have stock wheel/tires on my sedan (V6). it seems like the average consensus on 18 inch wheels are 225/40. my question is will a 225/45 makes that much of a difference in regards to speedo change, mpg, rubbings, etc.? i've tried this website to do the calculation: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
does anyone has these size and what's your honest opinion? i already bought the rims (zinik verona 18's, 18x7.5, 40mm offset) and i'm looking at proxes 4.
on the side note, i might drop my sedan just a little in the future, just not too sure yet due to financial reasons. thanks in advance.

my ride:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm running 225/45/18's on 18 x 7.5 rims with a 38 offset. Looks great. I will be lowering in about a month. Because of the offset i wouldn't be able to tuck but will have no problem lowering an inch in the back and 2 in the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi jplausell,

thanks for the response! does it rub any? what about the speedo, did it got affected (i.e., actually going faster than what it suppose to?)? also, you notice if it's sucking more gas? thanks again...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Right now it doesn't rub at all. It seems like the gas mileage went down a couple of MPG but it could also be due to no highway driving in the last few months, nothing major. The acceleration is the same and now my tires don't chirp after a rainshower. I have Nankang NS II's on there. Love them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again! with it slightly larger than OEM tires, i'd reckon it would fill up the wheel well more, yes?

·
Registered
153 Posts
225/45/18 will fit.. I'm 100% sure.. That's what I was running.. With stock height that is.. Also the rim width was 8.5inches..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts