Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some rims that I'm interested in. 18x8 47 offset.

I will be lowered on the ProKit.

I know 235/40/80 should fit? but I wanna go a little thicker with the 245/40/18.

What do you guys think? Will I rub?

Ron

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have 18x8.5 with 245/40 on mine but I have a 45 offset. A 47 offset may rub. My fronts just barely fit under the wells when turning and going over bumps. The rears fit under just fine. I would go with a slimmer tire and it will probably work. Maybe 235. I really don't think you will see a difference in the handling.

·
DIY Mania
194 Posts
18x8.5 +45ET will stick out further than 18x8 +47ET. Ronnald, if noslow100's setup doesn't rub, yours shouldn't either.

I'm running 18x7.5 with +50ET and 225/45 R18 and the front tires hit the plastic fender clips if the suspension is fully compressed. I don't have camber kit and I'm on Prokit/Koni SP3.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 18x8.5 with 245/40 on mine but I have a 45 offset. A 47 offset may rub. My fronts just barely fit under the wells when turning and going over bumps. The rears fit under just fine. I would go with a slimmer tire and it will probably work. Maybe 235. I really don't think you will see a difference in the handling.
Hmm...I wonder if 2 mm in offset will make that much of a difference. Besides your rims are 8.5", mine are 8", so I guess that should offset the difference in offset.

How do you like the look of the 245/40? Does it stick out or is it flush?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
18x8.5 +45ET will stick out further than 18x8 +47ET. Ronnald, if noslow100's setup doesn't rub, yours shouldn't either.

I'm running 18x7.5 with +50ET and 225/45 R18 and the front tires hit the plastic fender clips if the suspension is fully compressed. I don't have camber kit and I'm on Prokit/Koni SP3.
I'm surprised your setup rubs. I was gonna go with exactly the same setup with 45 offset, and I've seen it many times on this forum that this setup is perfectly fine. What do you mean "when the suspension is compressed"? How do you compress it?

Ron

·
DIY Mania
194 Posts
Suspension is fully compressed when it's at its shortest. It's usually when the car hits a wide deep dip at higher speed, makes an agressive turn, etc.

I have a sedan though, which is more prone to rubbing. If you have a coupe, you have somewhat more room there.

I sense that you and noslow100 have the incorrect concept of offset and wheel width. If not, I'm sorry, but noslow100's setup should sit further out by about 8.25 mm than yours. The lower the offset, the further out it is.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suspension is fully compressed when it's at its shortest. It's usually when the car hits a wide deep dip at higher speed, makes an agressive turn, etc.

I have a sedan though, which is more prone to rubbing. If you have a coupe, you have somewhat more room there
Interesting, I didn't know the coupe and sedan are different. Well, I guess that's good news for me :)

I sense that you and noslow100 have the incorrect concept of offset and wheel width. If not, I'm sorry, but noslow100's setup should sit further out by about 8.25 mm than yours. The lower the offset, the further out it is.
I agree with your calculations, to be exact I got 8.35 (25.4/4 + 2). But I'm not sure, he might be rubbing on the inside!

Also, if 2 wheels have the same offset, wheel A is 8" wide and wheel B is 8.5" wide. Does that mean that wheel B will stick out 1/4" towards the fender and will also stick out 1/4" towards the engine. Does that make sense? Or does it depend on the wheel?

Ron

·
DIY Mania
194 Posts
Ronnald said:
Also, if 2 wheels have the same offset, wheel A is 8" wide and wheel B is 8.5" wide. Does that mean that wheel B will stick out 1/4" towards the fender and will also stick out 1/4" towards the engine.
Correct!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts