Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hayyyyyyyy. So I spoke with the guy that got me my TB and he said he can get more. If you guys want one, let me know and I will inform him. I will then either ask for your contact info or give you his.

I don't see any reason why the price would be different, but I paid $387 shipped. He said they are slightly used, but he makes sure they all work before he sends them out and cleans them as well.

I am on the way to the airport now and won't be back until Monday so I hope no one is in too big of a rush ha. If you guys want one, you can either let me know here or PM me, your choice. That's all for now :)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manifold was ~$385 shipped. Once bored the TB is 82mm at the intake and 72mm at the manifold. Although George at Maxbore said he tapered the inlet to 75mm. I'll check once I get it.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my buddy has since decided he is going to build a wall (for his stereo) in his Tahoe instead of having it done by someone else. I'm probably gonna help him a bit with that and him with my manifold. I'm still hoping to have it installed in the next couple weeks as long as he isn't too busy with his stereo. Although I think he's going on vacation in 3 weeks, so I doubt he'd start it before then (it's gonna take awhile). Gonna be so sick when it's done! Looking for 160+ DBs to music :eek:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
its pretty easy.

<- installed milled mdx spacer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, my buddy has since decided he is going to build a wall (for his stereo) in his Tahoe instead of having it done by someone else. I'm probably gonna help him a bit with that and him with my manifold. I'm still hoping to have it installed in the next couple weeks as long as he isn't too busy with his stereo. Although I think he's going on vacation in 3 weeks, so I doubt he'd start it before then (it's gonna take awhile). Gonna be so sick when it's done! Looking for 160+ DBs to music :eek:

if you ever need a hand. Im a PM away buddy....not to far either. ;-)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I appreciate the offers! I spoke to my buddy yesterday and he's still in the process of ordering the subs/wire/batteries so we will have time to do it :D But I can't thank you guys enough for the offers :) :D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ It's much larger on both the intake side and manifold side. It's 80mm (intake side) and 70mm on the manifold side as compared to I believe 64mm straight through for us (not sure if there is a taper). But it's a big difference. Bigger TB means more air and with our ECU's favoring the rich side, more power :D

Yes it will work for you, but unless you get the 3.7 TL manifold, you will need the P2R adapter. I will have dyno results, but it will be from stock ported manifold/stock TB/stock runners to:

3.7 TL manifold
3.7 TL bored TB (82mm/72mm)
Ported runners (thanks to thisaznboi)

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Damn it I wish we had a bolt on option for the 1st gen J's. I'm going to be ordering the 3.7 mani soon though.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ Paul can make you a 80mm TB since you aren't DBW. He can also port the stock manifold to 80mm, or possibly port the 3.7 to 80 as well.

To be honest, the 'exiting ports' to the runners are the same size on the 3.7 manifold as our stock one as far as I know. The real difference seems to be the manifold neck being 76mm (from what I measured) and possibly runner length.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll talk to him tomorrow and keep you updated. Like I said they are slightly used, but look at my pics it's immaculate.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I PM'd him on 8th Civic. He doesn't get the manifolds, only the throttle bodies. I ordered my manifold through a dealer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts