Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kno bigger is better (lol) but I own a 06 accord v6 with an auto tranny and im getting a custom exhaust done on my car I want to keep the cat and go single exhaust I dont have any other exhaust mods so I was wondering which size exhaust tubing and what length resonator? A 30 inch or a 18 inch im not trying to make it too loud but I dont want it to sound like a prius...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input anyone have other opinions?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have an 04 v6 auto accord, just got a magnaflow system put in for 500 at my friends shop, 2.25pipeing from the cat with 4 inch tips sounds badass and for a good price

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol ok I trust u what about muffler? I was either thinking a magnaflow or a cherry bomb pro muffler

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
ask bboy the muffler he got and get the same setup...

I will take better pics of his exhaust hopefully next weekend...

his exhaust is PERFECT for our cars...I have seen many and am converting mine to his ASAP...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U should post pics of his setup on this thread and is bboy his screenname?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have a 3" exhuast for sale that will fit your car NVA_AV6 custome build low rumble, quite in the cabin and @ WOT is the sweetest sound PM me for more info if you're interested

·
Registered
58 Posts
ask bboy the muffler he got and get the same setup...

I will take better pics of his exhaust hopefully next weekend...

his exhaust is PERFECT for our cars...I have seen many and am converting mine to his ASAP...
what's his name? I wanna see what you're talking about

·
1,533 Posts
yo...

I am going to buy the muffler hopefully on Thursday...

when I meet up with him then I will shoot some pics....

bboy_trevstuh is his S/N

JTHonda can vouch for what I am saying as well (they met up earlier in the night before me and him did... :p)

IMO it looks ugly from the back (kinda looks like 4cyl that's ricey) but it sounds AWESOME at all rpms both at idle and partial WOT....

my main reason for getting it...I truly believe this is the best setup for the J-series motor....hands down

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw his muffler set up on a thread he posted up a while back so does he have one of those n1 style mufflers of ebay for75 bucks all jdm cocked and a 18 inch resonator n 3 inch piping rite?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
You have to ask yourself what your future plans for the car are gonna be before delving into a full exhaust. Are you going to do a catback only? Or are you gonna bite the bullet and go for the precat deletes and Jpipe? The Jpipe won't do much in terms of adding volume to the exhaust, but the PCDs will completely change the sound of your exhaust.

Consider this: If you get an 18in resonator and later decide to go for the PCDs, you will undoubtedly be swapping for a bigger reso. If you are sure you have no plans to do the PCDs, then do the 18in. If you are even thinking about doing the PCDs, I'd definitely suggest a 30in reso. And even that may not be big enough. I have a 30in body reso with 2 Dynomax ultra flows and it's very loud. I have a 6x6x30 round muffler. The rectangular mufflers are better for sound suppression (from Mr. Magnaflow himself) than the round. I may opt for their largest muffler 5x11x22. That thing is a monster.

·
1,533 Posts
yo...

I saw his muffler set up on a thread he posted up a while back so does he have one of those n1 style mufflers of ebay for75 bucks all jdm cocked and a 18 inch resonator n 3 inch piping rite?
he has a muffler that he got for $150...I dont knwo what kind it is...it looks like it might be a apex-i ....I am not sure....
he has a 3rd cat delete and from there 3" piping back....no resonator....that's the beauty of it...I thought cabin drone would be bad but it isn't on this setup....

·
Registered
61 Posts
18 inch resonator and 3 inch piping from the jpipe all the way back....
BDB, Ive got V3 downpipe, and am getting PCD's (on order) presently I have no 3rd cat, a single smaller pipe back to the split into two pipes and to (straight thru type) Magnaflow mufflers.

I want to do a single exhaust set up for the best performance but I would like to keep both mufflers for the look which I do like. Questions:
1) Could I leave one mounted for looks only and do the 3" piping from my downpipe back to the remaing muffler and get the same results?
2) Are the performance results specific also to the exact muffler he has and/or from the single 3" piping?
3) And why would I need a resonator, If I need it then what size using PCD's?

Thanks mucho. BTW we got to get together next time.
JT

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From wat I can tell you would definately need to b/c the interior drone would be very loud woth the pcd

·
1,533 Posts
yo...

BDB, Ive got V3 downpipe, and am getting PCD's (on order) presently I have no 3rd cat, a single smaller pipe back to the split into two pipes and to (straight thru type) Magnaflow mufflers.

I want to do a single exhaust set up for the best performance but I would like to keep both mufflers for the look which I do like. Questions:
1) Could I leave one mounted for looks only and do the 3" piping from my downpipe back to the remaing muffler and get the same results?
2) Are the performance results specific also to the exact muffler he has and/or from the single 3" piping?
3) And why would I need a resonator, If I need it then what size using PCD's?

Thanks mucho. BTW we got to get together next time.
JT
1)yes depending on how good the one muffler can flow air....

2) the results are not specific to that muffler but specfic to a muffler that will flow at least that much air or more...

3)I don't think you need this in our area...if you really wanted one get an 18inch resonator by Magnaflow....

JT send me a pix msg of your muffler...just one of them...then I can tell you if it is doable....

JT wanna go to the Charlie Sheen show Wed(27th) at the AAC? :p

7th gen....WINNING!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
1)yes depending on how good the one muffler can flow air....

2) the results are not specific to that muffler but specfic to a muffler that will flow at least that much air or more...

I have the stainless steel oval shaped Magnaflow's 14"long, 5"tall, 8" wide 2.5" wide straight thru design. ( you can see straight thru, to turns or whatever)

3)I don't think you need this in our area...if you really wanted one get an 18inch resonator by Magnaflow....

I will say nevermind on this one

JT send me a pix msg of your muffler...just one of them...then I can tell you if it is doable....

I wish I knew how to do that. I have a digital camera bit I am ignorant on steps to load them to a post or reply message.

JT wanna go to the Charlie Sheen show Wed(27th) at the AAC? :p

Man that sounds great, only prob I work 2:00pm to 11:00pm Tues thru Sat. Sun & Mon days off. I am an American Airlines Facilities Mechanic @ DFW.

7th gen....WINNING!!!!!!!!!!
Right on!! When I played with Trevor the other night, at first I thought he was driving a 4cyl. But when we were basically even in performance I thought... WTF??? It seemed like we were really even. I motioned him to stop when he exited highway with me and we talked a little bit. He said he was on his way to meet up with you !! Small world.:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts