Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new custom exhaust Done today and want it to share with you to see what you think!. It's a Single 3 inch mid pipe from the RV6 J-pipe Modded to 3 inch collector , With 3 inch Single Axle back with magnaflow muffler who can be removed to put back the Stock Y oem muffler in place. ALl Stainless weld and mendrel pipe. It Give me about 2 1/2 to 3 Cars lengh on a friend B18 turbo civic (t25 8psi) and it sound Awsome, I'll post some video soon!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Looks good! Any internal pics of the merge on the modded RV6 j-pipe?

PCDs?

I see that the rust fairy has been visiting you...

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
man i love that long exhaust tip in stainless :up:. Finally someone is paying attention. The RV6 j-pipe has a 2.5 collector which is entirely to small to collect dual 2.25 pipes into. Also RV6 uses some thicker gauge steel so the internal diameter of the collector is around 2.25 inches and the j-pipe tubing internal diameter is close to ~2.0 inches. A very nice piece but IMHO just not big enough... The 3.0 inch collector that Mick has created here is a must for anyone that bought the Rv6 V3..:up:

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry i don't have pics of the merge collector, i was not there when my friend do it. No pcd (soon!).The guy Before me Ride the car on our canadien Winter so this is why the rust. Cubano Thanks for the tip , i wanted something simple and it gave this , I'm very happy with the setup , it sound So deep you will be surprised how its not loud at all, the muffler is very quiet until you step on it. And Cubano , I very think of your setup when we do it hahaah maybe when i'll see your result i'll be in too..Lol I'll go take a video right now to show you the sound!

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will had a big Reso when the precat goes in.

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
I like what u did there (with the jpipe) Im scared to modify mines. Ive hit 2 strikes with my rv6 v3 an ive yet to beat my oem jpipes power :crazy: was seriously thinking about sellin it for another oem jpipe (not the accord one tho :devil:). Let me hope for a home run if i decide to do this modification cube has been tellin me to do, that u have done. You thinkin about dyno soon ? I would recommend before n after pcd's, from extensive searching on v6p n acurazine, rv6 jpipe v3 seems to loose its perks once pcds are installed/paired

Not to mention.....Good job on exhaust mick, it looks good & sounds good i watched both vids :clap:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^ I know :D

Mick, the exhaust looks great and sounds great as everyone said. I like the long tip as well (keep it clean guys lmao). The collector mod looks great as well. You said you noticed a nice difference from the exhaust/collector mod?

I agree with Jiga and think you should dyno again. Possibly on the same dyno as you did the 8G to compare?

I see those Conti DWS!! Lol. Or are those the DW?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Your exhaust will sound mean when you put those pre-cats on :D.

Welcome back to the 7G family. I enjoy mine every day .. great DD with good power!

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha! i will Add a Big REsonator in the MIdpipe to quiet down a little!for my neighborhood ahha. Sonnick the difference i noticed is from the Hole exhaust , It give me about 2 lengh on my friend civic turbo!(little t25 8 psi) and you see Well this Conti , you right it's dw's .. too bad they are not DW !..lol. I will dyno it soon and want to buy INtake and tb combo+ PCD before to test each one.thanks for all comments guy's , I'll post flyby video this weekend.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Ahhhh I can't wait to get mine done now. Good job. Get those precats out ASAP!

·
Registered
24 Posts
haha! i will Add a Big REsonator in the MIdpipe to quiet down a little!for my neighborhood ahha. Sonnick the difference i noticed is from the Hole exhaust , It give me about 2 lengh on my friend civic turbo!(little t25 8 psi) and you see Well this Conti , you right it's dw's .. too bad they are not DW !..lol. I will dyno it soon and want to buy INtake and tb combo+ PCD before to test each one.thanks for all comments guy's , I'll post flyby video this weekend.
Hey Mike,
I was planning to do the same my car. I dont have too much money but yes def. I will go straight pipe after the collector to the end, the j-pipe will have to stay like that because there is not much money yet.

If you (and when I save some money, i) delete the pre-cats, the check engine light wont stay on all the time? .

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^ No CEL. Defoulers are supplied so that you don't get a CEL.

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah sure! Great weight reduction (30-40 pounds) Much better response(maybe a sound feeling..haha) low end maybe affect a little so worst than before BUT when you reach vtec point there are the biggest Gain , From 5500 to 7000 it's Awesome it pull much more stronger. i don't see Cons myself but for some people it,s to be single . i think my low end is affect for the reason i don't have proper intake setup to go with and maybe the precat will help a little lower too!.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts