Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have 300 horse power from bolt on's only with your 3.0 V6 or is it even possible? I'm very new to the import scene and have no clue what type of potential these engines have. Right now my car is just stock with the 6 speed and I'm very impressed with this car and it's 240 HP so far. I'm curious to know what bolt on's between intake, exhaust and maybe some underdrive pulleys could get our cars to the 300 mark. Thanks guys...

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
300 from the crank probably. 300 to the wheel probably not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, as awesome as that would be I really doubt 300 at the wheels is happening without forced induction or increasing the displacement and or cams. I would be more than satisfied with 300 at the crank.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
i think some of the J35/J36/J37 builds were close to if not at 300... but thats larger displacement. I think a couple TL guys on acurazine are close to it with there 3.2s

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
300 gross (to the crank), you might be able to sniff that with a 3.0 NA J30. Has anybody ever used the Bisimoto cams on this forum? They claim 10 or 15% increase in HP, depending on stage 1 or stage 2. That is an awful lot of power gain.

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
J30A4 6 speed accord with full bolt ons and a tune... Your more so looking at 275 whp maybe 280 whp (pushing it). Which is if you ask me pretty effn good without doing any internal work especially if it is your DailyDriver as i assume most of our cars are used for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that those numbers sound pretty good considering there would be no internal modifications made. I think 300 HP would definitely make my DD more exciting. I'm not trying to race it or beat on it but occasionally when I need the power it would be nice to have it on tap.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
going to need LSD or your just going to spin spin spin

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
my FIC came in the mail... just going over the harness. Still need to do the ported intake runners, intake manifold, and larger throttle body. Also possibly change my intake. Also still need to get on the dyno and see what the PCDs gained over the stock cats.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
@ atlas if you need a spare TB and polished runners, let me know

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
I just checked Bisimoto website and i couldn't find any products for our car
J-series : Bisimoto Engineering, Where Efficiency Meets Technological Perfection

A little on the pricey side, but probably no more, hp/dollar, than swapping in Type S cams would be. And about 100% better than paying that amount for half the gain with a new catback exhaust. The thing that blows, is I think I read over on Acurazine that you need that new JnR ECU to effectively use them, which is another $1000 out the window, so unless you're planning on squeezing every HP out of your J30, basic bolt-ons sound more worthwhile. I would LOVE for somebody already making around 250 whp to put these babies in and get it dynoed :D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
300whp is 100% achievable on the J motor without forced induction/bigger displacement. However, it's going to take more than bolt ons/tune to get us there. I put down 250whp currently untuned with I/full exhaust/ported intake manifold. With a tune I'd expect 270whp. There are 2 others (jiga21 & cubanob427) that put down 258whp with bolt ons only.

In order to hit 300whp NA there is a lot of $$ to be spent. I/Full exhaust (PCDs/Jpipe/Catback)/full ported intake (TB/manifold/runners)/cams/tune should get you there. That's a good chunk of money spent, however. The cams made over 30whp with a retune on a base 3.2 5AT TL. A member went from 286whp to 320. I forget what the torque difference was, but it was no less than a 20ft-lb gain. There have been a few Type S 6MTs reach just under the 300 mark (295-298) with bolt ons only. Once tuned they should be in the area of 325whp.

·
Registered
969 Posts
LSD is the accord trans or did you get a TL trans swap?
I have LSD in my accord trans, it is not stock I had it installed when I rebuilt my trans. It is limited slip differentials, this causes the torque to be distributed to both wheels equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
dont forget alot of trial and error to find out what works best with what.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts