Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has experienced rough shifting from 1st to 2nd. Sometimes it seems like its a little bit hard to put the transmission into 2nd gear compared to the other gears. Some people on driveaccord.net have noticed the same thing and I just wanted to see if many people have experienced this. Thanks a lot

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
i also have an 05 L4 5mt, but no problems here. I sometimes have trouble getting into reverse, but that may just be because the gears are still spinning and Reverse has no synchros.

I thought the second gear problem was confined to the 6speeds, but I guess not in your case =/

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an issue when I quick shift from 1-2. It grinds like I am not clutching. I talked to our master tech and we think that the motor is moving to much under the heavy acceleration loads. It acts like when my buddies car had a motor mount go bad. Got owned by a Malibu due to this. Other than that I have no problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
=( guess its time to visit the honda dealership and see if something is up. This happens on my friends 5 speed also and she got her car 1 month after mine. I'm wondering if this is a bigger problem than individual cases. My reverse is hard to get into also.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
is the problem intermittent? esp with reverse? my reverse problem is intermittent.

when i took it to the dealerships, the punks wouldnt even look at it because i said it hadnt been acting up that day, and only comes once in a while. they said they would only look at it if they could duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reverse is intermittent but 1st to 2nd shift seems to happen all the time. Doesnt matter if the car is warm or not or if the weather is hot or cold, it still happens. Yeah my friend got turned away for her reverse problem. Their exact words on the service invoice "unrepairable due to inability to replicate problem."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honda does not advise quick shifting the 03+ Accord 4cyl 5spd. One of the techs at our main shop said that they have heard of some trouble with the front motor mount being weak. This would explain my problem. Hondas in general can have trouble getting into reverse. My 03 does it every once in awhile. Same with my girlfriends 89 Prelude, my buddies 97 Prelude, another friends 98 Civic. A hint I was given was when it is being tough to get into reverse put it into 3rd then reverse. So far it has worked for me and my girlfriend.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i have the same problem...it just feels really notchy for me. kinda hard to launch propery cuz i end up grinding into 2nd sometimes cuz my feet are too fast and i cant get it into gear fast enough. doesnt bother me too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts