Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Black 04 Accord coupe tinted legally at the Honda dealership when I bought it. Would it look funny to have 5% on just the back? Would it make it a lot darker inside since the cabin is fairly small? Does anyone have a picture I can see?

Thanks!
Ash

·
Banned
386 Posts
5% on the back only? Does that include the small little ones on the side?

If it's just the back it's gonna look weird and ur rear visibility is gonna stink.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. well tell me what % on what windows would look good keeping the driver and passanger side door legal. I'm in TX, so not sure what that % is, but its legal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
mao said:
here in cali. the legal percentage is 70. i don't know about TX though..but a good guess would be around 70?...
Actually in Cali.. the legal limit is 5% on the back including the back two windows, 35% for the front side windows, and just the top 4 inches for the front windshield.

·
Registered
185 Posts
check out my car i had 5% in back

i had 35% in front (got pulled over)

i said **** it if im gettin screwed might as well get screwed hard

so i put 20% in front (got pulled over =P)

now im just 5% in back

(i live in cali)

some dude downsouth said he just got a straight up ticket and not a fix it ticket he got a 175$ ticket!!!

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
mao said:
yah. i have 20% on the back...and i can't see crap at night.

HMMMMM, i have 20 % tint all around and visibility at night time is fine......, you might want to get your eyes checked..............:D :p

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
I don't know why you guys bother with the variations...

I have 5% HP (this is probably the DARKEST tint you can get, darker than LIMO)

Look, if you're gonna have illegal tints, you might as well just go all out, and give your car that nice look.

I'll tell you right now, you will HAVE to drive with your windows down at all times, ESPECIALLY at night, it's like you have tints on the inside too.

But to answer your question, it won't look weird at all, because you can't really look at the side windows and back at the same time (well you could..) but it won't look weird, don't worry. But if I was you, I'd go 5 % all around.

Finally, I remember the first day I got my tints on the AV6, I got pulled over TWICE lol, luckily both cops let me go. I have gotten a tint ticket on my mustang before, pain in the ass oh well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
LIL TANE said:
I don't know why you guys bother with the variations...

I have 5% HP (this is probably the DARKEST tint you can get, darker than LIMO)

Look, if you're gonna have illegal tints, you might as well just go all out, and give your car that nice look.

I'll tell you right now, you will HAVE to drive with your windows down at all times, ESPECIALLY at night, it's like you have tints on the inside too.

But to answer your question, it won't look weird at all, because you can't really look at the side windows and back at the same time (well you could..) but it won't look weird, don't worry. But if I was you, I'd go 5 % all around.

Finally, I remember the first day I got my tints on the AV6, I got pulled over TWICE lol, luckily both cops let me go. I have gotten a tint ticket on my mustang before, pain in the ass oh well.
ya when i cant take the heat in the front anymoe 5% in front hahahaha definitely a big pain in the ass oh well laws r laws

if only my car was registered in Nevada there allowed to have all tints and federal law says that each individual state laws they have to abide (at least for window tint i kno the least)

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
Oh yeah,,,thanks for mentioning that. I can't even tell you how much cooler it keeps the interior. SOOO much better, I don't regret it at all.

Just roll with your windows down all the time and you're straight.

I was NEVER hassled by cops though with my Mustang (I swear they hate imports)

The one time I did get a ticket for the mustang was by a BIKE CAR, and they'll just pull anyone over for any reason but yeah, I still think they like FORDS way more than Imports.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well if I got 5% just on the back or say up to 20%..would it make the inside darker during the day when the sun is out so its harder to see me?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Legal tint limit in California is none up front (unless it came stock from dealer), and however dark you want at the back. Back when I lived in Texas (5 years ago), the legal tint limit was 35% all around. I doubt that these numbers have changed, but you should find many websites that list them.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Whoever said cops don't like imports is right!!! I've gotten pulled over for tint 3 times since having this car...I have 20% all around, which here in Michigan, is illegal...you can only have the back windows and rear windshield tinted not the front 2 windows (well just the top 4 inches but nobody does that hah)...and when I had my domestics, they never hassled me about it :rolleyes:

But anyway...just go with tint all around if you want it...I think it looks weird if only the back windows are tinted and not the front 2, but thats just my opinion!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts