Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All on a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe, 4cyl EX-L

Ok, finished installing a prox sensor and 530T for the windows.
No problems there.
Installed 529T according to instructions. Problem is that the window only closes (on arm) 1" and then stops.
i.e. the breaker in the unit is throwing too quickly.
Instructions note that this may be due to the switch actually controlling a low current relay which then control the sunroof.
Ok, so follow the switch wires all the way up to the sunroof motor.
The relays, AFAIK are in the motor unit (opened it up, lots of gear, closed it back up).

Has anyone installed a 529T window module?
OR does anyone have the electrical diagram for a 2003 accord (sunroof) so I can figure out what wires to tap in to?

Any info would be great. Working on this again today.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still need some hep with this ...
DOES ANYONE have a shop manual with the wiring diagram from the sunroof that they could send me?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm used to using the 530t but it should be similar, it's essentially a multiplex circuit which can also be replicated with relays. How did you wire it exactly? Did you ground appropriately? It also sounds like you have low current or your resistance is too high.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let see if i can remember (done too much stuff since then).
As I remember, it was straight forward wiring according to the diagram included (interrupted 2 wires going to sunroof from switch) - traced these wires directly up to the sunroof. Everything was wired up correctly as far as I know (included aux input for opening sunroof on aux 2 - ground output on arm was connected to unit to close on arm)
The weird thing was that they both sit at positive I believe.
My friend (mechanic/car electronics guy) who was helping me out with some other stuff did most of the wiring though.
Would there be a schematic for this in the service manual?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts