Accord V6 Forum banner
3041 - 3060 of 3085 Posts

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Well if where you live doesn't required inspection I rather buy AEM EMS 2... It will give you more power.
What sort of inspection will the EMS not pass? We have smog inspection, which means the car can't have any performance related CELs

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
wait so if you have the AEM unit you wouldn't need this module at all?
Thats correct, the AEM EMS-4 is a universal stand alone, the EMS series 2 is specific to the motor, and they make one for acura / honda j-series (its just $1,500). The advantage is there is nothing holding you back, and its more reliable.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
If I had 5 grand available I would my dude. However, with student loans and still not having found a job since moving back...I'm digging a financial hole. I'm done with modding, just want things to run correctly.

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts
I hear ya Chris. You want to buy partial rights to my screen name? We can share it since it seems we both dug one and are stuck in the bottom of it.

Fuck school loans
Fuck cars

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey whatsup v6p, havnt posted here at all really but id like to c if somebody can help me..i drive a 01 sedan v6 and i want to do the 6spd swap now to save future headaches with the 4MT failures. My question is, is their anyway i can juss do the swap without having to swap the motor to a j32 so it could run smoothly without all the CEL's and such? I know that richie has the module but it seems like hes pretty inactive now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank again Richie your MAN!! :bowdown:

Great Customer service an on phone support.

I know a lot people still asking for module an if Richie still selling them an answer is YES to only pervious guys who have install his module. You can say it can be big headache to install it if 1 wire is off or setup has change it can mess up module. I have install 5 already an I can say all setup can be different just b/c engine an year of your car. Over All this GREAT Product 1st one I install was in my 99 TL back in 2010 an still have NO problem!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old 1997 Acura ECU

I have an old 1997 CL ECU and I am trying to make it work with a J32A2. Obviously the J32A2 is COP not a Distributor set up. The way I can make it a manual is easy. There are two communication wires to the auto trans ecu. I just have to short those together then set a 5v ref on a another line and that's all I have to do pretty much to make a 6 speed work. I was thinking of cutting the end of the rear can to make the dizzy work for it but does anyone have any ideas that could make this work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could one of you guys or Sir Richie clean up the sticky,several links are not working and it was last edited in 2008. Is the kit now for sale or is it still work on progress?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would but I cant PM until I have 15 posts. I am only at three. More of a lurker on here, my activity is mostly toward 6thgenaccord.com. Ill try and get my post count up then PM him. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sup everyone I am a new member to this forum. I just want to apologize in advance if someone has already ask my question and maybe if it has been answered already....... So don't bash me guys..... I was considering in doing a 7th gen swap in my 6th gen. That's engine 6spd transmission and ecu...... Also do they have performance parts for the J30a4/J30a5

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello everyone... I have a 04 accord v6 mt I want to turbo. Do you know where I can get the precast deletes for the exhaust manifolds.?.. please help me out.. I found I guy selling them on here but I can't reach him.

3041 - 3060 of 3085 Posts