Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered Hondaphile
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know somewhere honda claims that the six speed suspension is better than the hfp. my reply to this... fvcking [email protected]!! :bsflag: :liar:

after havin to sell off my aftermarket setup (tein ss-p w/edfc, f+r neuspeed sways, dc sports strut), i could barely stand just having the oem 6 speed shocks/struts on there alone- just felt horrible, even with just regular driving.
after i put in the hfp suspension, holy shlt! what a difference! its at least bearable now not having any aftermarket suspension parts.
to compare a likeness to show how much better hfp is than 6speed, hfp suspension is almost as good as having 6 speed suspension with a neuspeed rear sway bar. and thats quite a difference if you ask me.

i dont know if anyone else out there has had both 6 speed and hfp suspension that can chime in on this...

·
Registered
199 Posts
i drove on my stock 6spd suspension for about 9 months before changing to HFP. i dont know whre you heard that Honda claimed the 6spd suspension actually better. that doesnt make any sense from a biz standpoint. wouldnt Honda want to sell more HFP kits? anyways, 6spd suspension stock is softer and more comfy. but obviously HFP performs better around the corners. just my 2cents.

·
Registered Hondaphile
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well they say it to make the 6 speed stand out above the rest so ppl will buy more 6MT's. i know i read honda makin the claim somewhere, but ill never find it, it was in some magazine somewhere. but here's a quote from H & A- the HFP suspension is "Not as great of a handling improvement on 6 speed models as they already have upgraded suspension from the factory."
so in a way, it does make sense; makin ppl believe the 6 speed is one of a kind in performance, but like i said, they are LIARS!! :explode:

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
hfp suspension is almost as good as having 6 speed suspension with a neuspeed rear sway bar.
And that's supposed to be impressive? I have a TL 20mm rear sway and still think the suspension is way too soft.

·
Registered Hondaphile
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And that's supposed to be impressive? I have a TL 20mm rear sway and still think the suspension is way too soft.
well we're talkin stock here buddy, hfp suspension alone is better than 6 speed suspension alone, thats all im sayin..

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
I've had the 6 speed suspension, Eibach/Koni setup, and the HFP setup. The Eibachs/Konis were more confidence inspiring by a long shot, but they rode bad to me. The HFPs ride NICE and they handle pretty well for being a factory setup. I put the TL rear sway on and I think that where the car is at now is pretty good.

I plan on getting an additional front strut tower brace, TL front sway, and some subframe bracing to supplement the HFP setup. I think it's a great balance between comfort and performance and it definitely has potential.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone put the HFP suspension on a sedan yet? I know it'll work, but I'm just wondering if there's any drawbacks to doing it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think the 6MT stock springs are a higher spring rate than the other V6 springs (not by leaps and bounds)

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
A few people have. The sedans benefit nicely from it. Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity. If you need some pics, OptimusV6 has it and so does acb384.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A few people have. The sedans benefit nicely from it. Definitely go for it if you get the opportunity. If you need some pics, OptimusV6 has it and so does acb384.
Well, the only place I know of to get it from is handa-accessories.com, and it's $600. Is there a cheaper place to find it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
The 6mt suspension is definatley not better than the hfp setup. I mean, even outside of the ride height difference that improves handling by itself, there is definately an improvement. The 6mt suspension is stiffer than the other stock suspensions, so the improvement won't be as big as it would be if you were on an auto v6, but the hfp suspension is a little bit stiffer yet, though not by much.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the HFP suspension with a rear 22mm Comptech rear sway bar and rear camber adjustable bars, and I can tell you the handling upgrade is very substantial. In stock form with oem 6sp suspension the car handled poorly. I wouldnt feel safe pushing it to the limits. The HFP suspension is an excellent upgrade, making the car much better handling(and better looking), especially for it's reasonable pricetag. It should have been the factory installed suspension on these accord coupes!

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
doesnt HFP suspension lowers car by 1" too? i can feel that my handling is horrible at hight speeds, its too soft. im gona look for it but in couple month when i get kit put on in sprint

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
HFP suspension is not worth the money i think.. cause for that amount and add few hundred dollars and u can get nice stiff setup! i.e from teins/ksports etc

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Some people don't like stiff. Some people are also a bit nervous about their warranties. I hated the ride quality with my Prokit/Koni setup.

I wish the height was lower. I might swap out the Showa shocks for Konis in the future, which will lower it another 1/4 - 1/2 inch, plus I get the ride quality adjustments.

·
Registered Hondaphile
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i guess its not worth it if youre willing to put out an extra couple bucks more for the konis or whatever... but im weary about gettin aftermarket stuff thats not top of the line only bc of my experience with my high school car... i had a sentra that i pimped the fvck out, but with bottom of the line products... and it came back to bite me in the ass. so now, if i go aftermarket, im only gonna go with the best of the best, hence my tein ss-p's when the car was modded. so yeah as far as staying stock, its not too bad financially

·
Registered
1 Posts
The HFP suspension does ride very nice, lowers the car quite a bit and improves handling over stock. If you don't want the brick ride of some of the aftermarket stuff and want to keep your warranty, this is definitely the ticket.

·
Registered
98 Posts
well i know somewhere honda claims that the six speed suspension is better than the hfp.
Beginning with the 2006 model year, both sedan and coupe six speeds received modified suspension bushings and different spring rates.

Very early 2006 6-6 Coupes will have had the different spring rates, but not the modified bushings. I'm not sure how this happened, but the first couple of months worth of 2006 MY 6-6 Coupes were like this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have 6 Speed Suspension and its soft and comfy but wayy to much body roll and thats when some TL-s Sway bars come in

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
doesnt the stock 6-speed manual set-up include a rear sway bar? if so, are the aftermarket neuspeed one or the TL one better?
every car has a rear sway, but the stock accord rear sway is the same across the board (14mm diameter).
neuspeed makes one that is 19mm, the TL is 20mm and comptech has a 22mm version.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts