Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whuttup v6p me again lol i have an autotragic accord and i want to do the 6 speed swap i was wondering if anyone could help me list the parts that i will need it would be so much appreciated and yes i did use the search button and nothing came up. Also if anyone could tell me what parts i can use from the 4 banger accord so i can save some money on that. Once again i appreciate the help a lot and also what ecu would i have to use the 6 speed one or can i use another?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
What gen 4 banger? And I will be doing my 6sp swap here in a month or two. And just get the 6sp ECU, you will eaither need a key already coded for the ECU, or you will have to goto honda to get the immobilizer rest for your keys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am thinking of doing a 6MT swap in my TL too.

Other then the usual parts such as:
MT tranny
clutch
clutch master cylinder
cables
shifter
MT ECU

Will also need the MT wiring harness, MT gauge? What else would I need?

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What gen 4 banger? And I will be doing my 6sp swap here in a month or two. And just get the 6sp ECU, you will eaither need a key already coded for the ECU, or you will have to goto honda to get the immobilizer rest for your keys.

Well i have the 7th gen accord v6 and i kno that i do not have to take everything from a 6 speed accord u kno such as shift linkage and pedals and etc. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the list cuz i aint not to sure in what to get and i really want to do the swap summer time and come out hard. If anyone can help it would be very appreciated

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u need to trade cars. Its not worth the headache when u can easily get a 7th gen 6 speed almost anywhere
kinda pricey for a 6 speed i aint got money like that cuz i found the transmission for 600 with 50k on it allready and i really want to do the swap i just need more info on what else i need besides the basics. I would appreciat the help thanks

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
kinda pricey for a 6 speed i aint got money like that cuz i found the transmission for 600 with 50k on it allready and i really want to do the swap i just need more info on what else i need besides the basics. I would appreciat the help thanks
even then i still think its a waste of time upgrading when 7th gens 6 speeds are relatively easy to find. Add in labor etc etc and im sure it would be cheaper to change cars. Plus it would be more reliable:)

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even then i still think its a waste of time upgrading when 7th gens 6 speeds are relatively easy to find. Add in labor etc etc and im sure it would be cheaper to change cars. Plus it would be more reliable:)
well the reliability i know where i am going to take it you can say and i know they do immaculate on there job. All i am asking for is a list of parts needed if anyone can help me out i really woud appreciate it. And for the fact about finding them is still kind of hard since the cost like 16k 15k tha cheapest i found and yeh im onli 18 i aint gonna go in debt right away thats why i asking for the info on the swap

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
There is a fair amount of wireing involved, without doing your oun splicing, not only do you need the engine harness and engine bay to ecu harness, you also bneed the dash harness for the clutch pedal and AT shifter wiring removal, so that is three major harnesses. Axels are the same AT/MT, but the diver side mount are all different , both upper and lower, you will also need eaither a MT or 04-06 TL intake for the butterfly valves, all clutch parts both mechanical and hydraulic, both clutch and brake pedals.

It's alot of labor more than anything else, the parts sould be around $2K-$2.5K, but find a dealership that will re-key a ECU for you is going to be a trick, and of course replacing the dash harness will be fun.

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
There is a fair amount of wireing involved, without doing your oun splicing, not only do you need the engine harness and engine bay to ecu harness, you also bneed the dash harness for the clutch pedal and AT shifter wiring removal, so that is three major harnesses. Axels are the same AT/MT, but the diver side mount are all different , both upper and lower, you will also need eaither a MT or 04-06 TL intake for the butterfly valves, all clutch parts both mechanical and hydraulic, both clutch and brake pedals.

It's alot of labor more than anything else, the parts sould be around $2K-$2.5K, but find a dealership that will re-key a ECU for you is going to be a trick, and of course replacing the dash harness will be fun.
well i wont be doing the work i am taking it to a shop dont know yet but i know some great really really great ones i just need the items i am pretty sure a shop would now what to do if anyone can lists parts it would b a great help so i can get started now! LOL also what does it mean to re- key the ecu?

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was thinking about doing a swap b4 but the only problem is u would never be able to sell the car... mabey private if ur lucky
i dont plan on selling my car for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time lol can some please just tell me the parts i need i would reallly appreciate it cause i want to get it done by the summer time

·
Registered
10,960 Posts

i dont plan on selling my car for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time lol can some please just tell me the parts i need i would reallly appreciate it cause i want to get it done by the summer time
Do you want part numbers too?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts