Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a while for me. Last January I traded in my 6-speed on a GTO and I still regret that decision. I have since gotten rid of the GTO and I'm considering getting back into a 6-speed Accord or giving the new Civic SI a try (actually on a waiting list for one now, although they said at least 2+ months). The only problem with the Civic is I almost feel like it's a little bit boy racerish. At 25, I'm anything but that.

Anyhow, I'm looking around for a 6-speed and I found this car on Ebay. Looks pretty nice besides the emblems on the taillights :confused:, but I wanted to get your thoughts on what the car is worth. I've checked out kbb.com, etc, but I wanted to hear what you guys where buying / selling your cars at.

thx

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
lol that car was on another thread on this site. it was cause the guy said the aem intake made horsepower at the rear wheel. he has since fixed the listing:)

·
Registered
208 Posts
tcador said:
Hey guys, it's been a while for me. Last January I traded in my 6-speed on a GTO and I still regret that decision. I have since gotten rid of the GTO and I'm considering getting back into a 6-speed Accord or giving the new Civic SI a try (actually on a waiting list for one now, although they said at least 2+ months). The only problem with the Civic is I almost feel like it's a little bit boy racerish. At 25, I'm anything but that.

Anyhow, I'm looking around for a 6-speed and I found this car on Ebay. Looks pretty nice besides the emblems on the taillights :confused:, but I wanted to get your thoughts on what the car is worth. I've checked out kbb.com, etc, but I wanted to hear what you guys where buying / selling your cars at.

thx

Why do you regret getting a GTO? To me that sounds like a bad-ass car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a great car, just not really that impressed with it. I've owned several Mustangs and Trans Ams over the years, all which were much quicker than the GTO and I just wasn't overly impressed.

I mainly miss the comfort and smoothness of the Accord. The 6-speed added the extra fun factor with great gas mileage to boot.

Heck, maybe I'm just getting old ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like he's holding firm at $20,800, which I think is insane. I think the guy wants to get retail for his car.

I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
805 Posts
there are other and BETTER taken cared of than his. Especially if he has mods on his car, that alone lowers the value of the car.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
dude...if you can wait for the 8th gen coupe I would go for that. But if you can't wait, how about getting a 2006 6-Speed and put these T57-RC wheels on 'em? If you're looking used...you wanna buy my car? :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
For that many miles, I think $20,800 is a little high. By comparison, I have an '04 6spd, silver with 18k miles. It's got the HFP bodykit and suspension as well as AEM V2. With the exception of two touched up scrapes on my front lip, it's completely mint. When I checked Edmunds on it, I got a price of $20,500 private party (that was using Clean, as opposed to Outstanding condition due to the scrapes). FWIW, I wouldn't let it go for less than that $20,500. Not sure if I could get it or not, but it just wouldn't be worth it for me to sell it for less than that with the mods. I don't think mods lower the value of a car but they also don't add much either. Some people are turned off by them, but others who want them can look at it as a HUGE savings since they don't add much to the price of a used vehicle.

My .02

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hell for that much you can have mine with all these upgrades

1) hfp suspension ( year old)
2)spc camber kit (year old)
3)lifetime alignment at Discount tires
4)brembo dimpled rotors (front) dont think rears are brembo (year old) ceramic pads
5)cliffors rsx 3.5 w/ remote start (lifetime warranty)?
6)pioneer premium speaker (month old)
7)"kramer" auto shift knob mod. (do a search in 7gen accord forum)
8)painted mud gaurds
9)v6p grounding kit
10)k&n CAI
11)comptech tips and mufflers
12)grillcraft grills (sides and middle)
13)OEM front lip
14)Acura tl rims (not mounted rims only)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the link. I don't want this to turn into a want ad, really just looking for input on the original link I had posted :).

He has since offered the car to me for $19,600 but I still think the car is overpriced by at least $1500.

I'm only wanting a 6-speed so I know that limits what's out there, but I'm confident I can find a nice, low mileage car for about $17k.

flyvtec, check your pm :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts