Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
specs are: my 01 av6 auto coupe, 99 or 00 prelude tiptronics(AEM CAI, pulley kit, non-catback exhaust), Hyundai Tiburon 03 (Greddy catback) Manual transmission, and tiptronics RSX.
well all those guys always talked so much **** on everyone how they can "smoke" them like nothing so we decided to race one day. I knew my car wasnt going to be the fastest (haha) but what the hell.. :(
well first run was
AV6 vs RSX: we started off the line, he kept up door to door i thought we were guna be same but at about 40 or so then i pulled on him til i hit 70mph by then i had one car length, He was using his tip tronics.

AV6 vs prelude: the prelude launched like no other, my front was on his rear bumper until about 50 ish then i started to pull on him, beat him barely like 3inches lol.

AV6 vs. tiburon: surprisingly a Hyundai wasnt too bad...he kept up with me barely beat him at highspeed around 75 :eek:

i was surprised i beat that prelude, but do you think it might of been his 2 12's with 2 capacitors?? or do they just suck at driving?
MORE TO COME!! they are being sour losers so they want to do 45 run, who would win? guestimates anyone?? lol :eek: ill try to video tape this run for you guys and maybe someone can host it

·
Mark G.
1,333 Posts
prelude triptronics sucks compare to the manual tranny and the rsx is the base rsx so its pretty slow compare to the type S and tiburon heard their slow but anyways nice kills

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol all those cars "look" like they can go 0-60 in about 2sec haha
prob kuz RSX's got Type s, Tiburon GT which is V6 heard those are not bad..idk bout preludes..but id pick my lovely AV6 over them anyday. ;)

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
the SS lude is weaksauce..they have really horrible trannies that crap out just like our 6th gens...the rsx...its a base model for sure...meaning lesser hp than the v6...and the tiborun..it's watevers...if it's not the v6 model..then it's really slow.....

but had it been a manual lude..and rsx type s..or a v6 6 spd tibuoron...the v6 wouldve lost guaranteed.

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
how in the world did you beat a manual spec tiburon ?

i raced accordtyper's tiburon and got killed so easily.....

i have all the bolt-on mods except the unichip, and i still got owned.....

tiburons are no joke, i am really suprised that you beat one.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe because it wasnt the GT one which is V6, his is 4banger and im pretty confident that my av6 can beat 4bangers?? esp. Hyundai haha i duno maybe he just sucks at driving

·
Registered
147 Posts
you should have won every race, and by more then a few fenders worth, epecially against the auto rsx, which is painfully slow.

the sissystick prelude is slow.
the autotragic rsx is even slower.
then you have the hyundai.

if you race off a roll, should pretty much the same results. the prelude race will be somewhat close, other 2 wont hang.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
:p i raced a GTI on the road today..
i wanted to make the light it was on yellow so i speed up but this kid in GTI in front of me slows down for me right in the middle of the intersection. How nice of him. well so i pull up next to him to see what the deal is and he just punches the car (haha i heard the turbo too), so i floored my car too and boy my accord pulled this boy like nothin. Then i showed him my accord's sexy ass with V6 badge HA! stupid VW got nothin on me ;) but i thought GTIs were fast?
I need to quit being stupid on the road though..but some people are just helplessly hostile on the road. But yea i need stop racing or i need to get owned by some car one day so i dont wanna race everytime i see a modded ricer. :angel:

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
oh jesus. Thank god you beat all of them.

When I had my accord, I used to smoke prelude autos BADLY. they are teh slo.
And I believe auto RSX is even SLOWER. God, I drove one of those thing... its painful.
It moves like daewoo.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm about even with a RSX-S from a roll, neither one of us pulled. Raced a GT Tiburon manual and beat it, but the dude had just gotten it that day, had like 30 miles on it... As for the Prelude a friend of mine has a 5spd H23 that I pull by about a car. Fun Fun

Stock Supras just the non turbo 5 speed we can beat pretty easy too. They come with about 225 hp at the crank. I can't wait the get my S/C.... Wish someone was selling theirs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
accusedmonk said:
I'm about even with a RSX-S from a roll, neither one of us pulled. Raced a GT Tiburon manual and beat it, but the dude had just gotten it that day, had like 30 miles on it... As for the Prelude a friend of mine has a 5spd H23 that I pull by about a car. Fun Fun

Stock Supras just the non turbo 5 speed we can beat pretty easy too. They come with about 225 hp at the crank. I can't wait the get my S/C.... Wish someone was selling theirs.
lol theres no way ur about even with a typeS. especially from a roll. and theres no way you can beat a 6spd tiburon. what speed did you start from with the typeS?
my chick has had one since 02 and i race her in my auto 7th gen v6 coupe all the time and she keeps up with me really good. i beat her by a car and give or take a half car more. we race with her in 2nd going about 45mph. and im in d3. and its pretty much even until i hit top of third and i pull pretty hard. thats at about 85-100 mph.

and ive raced numerous 6th gen v6 sedans and coupes and they all get smoked really bad. 3+ cars average. even with all the bolt-ons. they dont stand a chance. plus my girlfriend raced a 4dr 6thG v6 with aem intake, and he got smoked right off the line and gaining through every gear. they raced about 3 times.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I raced a v6 tiburon like the second day i got my car,it was off the line and he bairly beat me. i think i could have taken him from a roll and especially now that im more used to my car

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
the 6th gen av6 stands no chance against an rsx type s...i raced some guy stock at the last meet and it was like an 1/8 mile and he beat me by more than a car length...those *****es r fast, especially when turboed

tiburons r pretty quick but i believe that the v6 can hang with it...they take us off the line (obviously) but the top of 1st, all of 2nd, and bottom of 3rd r pretty slow for the car...thatd be the opportunity for us to make up some ground, then itd be pretty close from there...it also depends on the driver

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
6spd V6 Tibbys are fast. When I had my 02 av6, I raced one from a roll, around 40mph.
It was straight mountain road, incline. I got smoked by about 2 cars. It was tragic.

·
Registered
520 Posts
dont they only have 190 hp? when i raced my friend it was pretty close not 2 car lengths, i dont see how they can be so much faster then our cars

1 - 20 of 21 Posts