Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after seeing RDX try tosell his i spoke to a buddy of mines who can make them for our cars. and he wants to know how much would everypay for one and what kind of material should it be. were looking anywhere from $80-$120

·
Registered
291 Posts
i would pay 100 or so for it.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
id pay in the area of 100...120 with shipping included...but im feelin J 20accord00, its gotta be of good quality else im not interested

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i feel you guys. we'll have a couple test ones. ill give them out to couple people on here and they can tell for itself. hopefully we should have it done by some march or april. as for MATERIAL what do you guys what ALUM??? do you want it chrome?? stainles steel??

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
mmm well, as far as material, prolly something non shiny since its in the window.

you wont be able to see it from the outside of my car since my windows are 18%, but for other people that dont have tinted windows..it might be distracting for other drivers, and then thats an excuse to get pulled over.

and i would think the more rigid the material the better..

just my .02

·
Registered
291 Posts
can you get the bar to be solid instead of hollow?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
It doesn't need to solid to be strong. Hollow pipe at right wall thickness will provide same bending resistance as solid bar.

·
Albanian PIMP
1,973 Posts
maybe have it in carbon fiber or titanium (similar to CT strut Bar). I still though dont understand the point of this bar.

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
well carbon fiber would cost a lot more i'm sure, and the point in having it is for its quality and strength, i'm sure any type of color maybe even sprayed flat black or whatever...i'm willing to pay 100 for it w/ shipping, a lil more is fine too, but that "testing" idea is a good one so noone gets mad over the product if it craps out on them haha..."oh and for those guys who dont' know what it does, like Honda 99 said "reduction in body flex" you know how you take tight turns or when you go up a ramp or driveway at an angle, you reduce the amount of twisting in your chasis" look at the forum before this it has pics. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49402&page=1&pp=30

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
it would be cool to see some made with a flat black wrinkle finish, sorta like the rhino lining....

just wondering, does this bar make it harder to take off the back speaker cover, like do you need to take the bar off in order to be able to take off the covers? (im not talking about the indiviual speaker covers, but the whole piece for the back under the rear window)

·
Go Fast, Don't Suck
317 Posts
If I got it, I would prolly just get it painted to match the color of my car. So ALUM. is good for me. I dont need it chrome. too much bling bling for me. But let us know if you need any people to test fit it. Ill be one of the tester. Ill pay for shipping and what not to test it out. let me know SAMMY that would be cool thanks man.

-Evan

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
i would be willing to test fit also..

i would also probably get mine painted to match my interior scheme, so a polished finish(not chrome) would be best for me. keep us updated with any information please. thanks

-Chris

1 - 20 of 441 Posts