Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my motor mounts replaced in an 06 v6. And the mechanic is saying the labor for it is $707 I already had the parts as I was thinking about doing myself but decided to leave it to them as I don’t have very many tools or a lot of experience. It took them about a week ago, or it’s been a week since I gave it to them. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with motor mounts and think it’s worth 700 for labor?

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,925 Posts
$700 labor is excessive. Replacing all 3 mounts is a 3 hour job at most for an experienced Honda tech, but, I don't know what the "book time" is for that job. My guess is they charged you the full book time, which is normal practice these days.

·
Mr. Detail
1,235 Posts
Seems pretty high for labor to me too. But with new mounts your car will feel a lot better when you drive it.

You left it a week ago and it isn't done yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That’s way too high. You should’ve took it somewhere else. What brand motor mounts did you get? For $700 you probably could have bought the OEM Honda ones. The aftermarket motor mounts for these cars are very weak. Unless you go with innovative solid mounts. My brother replaced his with mounts from rockauto.com and 6months later the front mount broke again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts