Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 06 6 speed coupe I wanted to get re-tinted this spring, as the old ones installed by previous owner are getting replaced due to becoming purple.

I have always ran 20% on all my vehicles, but want to try out 5% this time.

If any of you 7th generation guys have 20% or lower tint, please feel free to post up your ride and identify percentage of tint.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where do you live? I currently have 35% and I just moved to AZ. I would love to get 20% or darker, but I am worried about getting pulled over for my windows being too dark...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in ontario Canada. I don't get hassled here for the tint. I have always ran 20% no problem.

We rarely have tint "issues" down here..

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as I know the limit is 30% for legality in Ontario.
That being said I had 20% on my past car with no problems.
Also from Ontario.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good to hear. guess it all depends on where in ontario you are located. Before I bought this 6-6, the guy had 5% all around, but was told to take it off a few days after install...

Down in my area, 5% is getting pretty common.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good, couldn't even notice you had a tinted windshield. How do you like it?
Since my interior is light the windshield tint isn't that noticeable but on my corolla the interior is black and the windshield is also tint 50% and is more darker. In the accord during the day you cant really notice but at night visibility decreases luckily for me I have retrofitted headlight so it wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im going in for 5% by the end of next week. Will be pretty happy to replace the outdated ugly purple tint.

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
Anyone else have problems with their tint getting scratched up badly? Mine has been on for 9 years now but it is so scratched up from rolling the windows up and down it is hard to see out the window.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ a little bit. Take off the rubber thingy between the window or add the soft liner inbetween the palstic

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, just got my car back from 5% all around, and it's dark. Black leather and dash help with that as well lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts