Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I don't think there is anyone designing any for our cars at the moment.

·
Registered
841 Posts
as2222 said:
wait till summer, im getting custom cam gears
Yes, do tell.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
is it just me or the Accord Coupe the stepchild of all JAP sport coupes lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
I read somewhere that cam gears on a sohc engines can change the rpm's at which the car makes the max hp, but not really increase the max hp. I dont understand how it would change anything. Can someone explain this to me? You can't change the intake and exhaust valve timing with a cam gear when both are on a single cam. On a dohc car you would adjust the gear by rotating it so the intake or exhaust valves will open at different times, however on a sohc engine how do you even adjust it?
Maybe I simply just dont understand engines enough.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
2fast4u99 said:
is it just me or the Accord Coupe the stepchild of all JAP sport coupes lol

yeah exactly what i was thinking....up until now they have been very easily modable....why such a lack in support from companies now...this is one of the better motors honda has had....can't say the same about the trannies but the motor has great potential...i just dont get it....

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
MAZZ is waiting for me to get some money so i can get the custom cam gears with such and such and such. im thinking about not doing this mod because im wanting to change my car these days.. anybody else is welcome to step up to this. i believe that jon is doing this project in the summer at MAZZ also after he swaps his exhausts with me

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
as2222 said:
MAZZ is waiting for me to get some money so i can get the custom cam gears with such and such and such. im thinking about not doing this mod because im wanting to change my car these days.. anybody else is welcome to step up to this. i believe that jon is doing this project in the summer at MAZZ also after he swaps his exhausts with me
doing "such such and such" means nothing.. ask them to provide some details.. i won't commit anything until they can prove themselves as capable r&d shop..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts