Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on gettting the BC racing Coilovers for the 7th gen and was wondering what springrates people are running?

·
J30 LSD
797 Posts
Depends on what platform you have. V6 or I4? Coupe or Sedan?
Also depends on what your expectations are. Better acceleration and maneuvering for track-like efficiency, or a more relax stance with better than factory performance?
If you have any major engine modifications that will allow you to see +60 horses then you might be interested in tracking, or even drag. This will require a stiffer spring rating. The point to remember is that at faster demanding acceleration and deceleration speeds you will need a stiffer rating to keep those tires holding the pavement under quickly approaching obstacles and various roadway conditions. In addition, a good coilover setup also improves brake performance at higher vehicle speeds.
However, if you see yourself as a daily driver, you might benefit more with a street setup spring rating.
You can get an idea on BC Racing available spring ratings, or Tein. There is a long listing on Tein’s website of recommended spring ratings for your current platform and desired stiffness. GL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ii have a Coupe V6 6spd and im going mnore for liike canyon carving and i do daily this car but i dont care for harsh ride quality

·
J30 LSD
797 Posts
ii have a Coupe V6 6spd and im going mnore for liike canyon carving and i do daily this car but i dont care for harsh ride quality
:eek: Canyon carving!? If I were you, I wouldn’t push the limits here. Lol
If this is what your major plans are then be sure to observe the speed limits posted during your tracking. With lower vehicle speeds you should be more than satisfied with a typically softer, street spring rating. You must always consider what the road conditions will be like (dry, wet, rough, smooth, unleveled), and the potential hazards that become more and more likely to affect you under various speeds and conditions (surrounding traffic, construction projects, road debris, weather, steep grades, sharp bends, and potential drop-offs :bawling:), when taking into consideration how you would like your to-be suspension to perform.

If you’ve got the itch, like many of us do on our good days, might I suggest thrill-seeking else where? At least somewhere that is safer, less obstructive to your vision, and lower in elevation.

Hope you also have a good set of tires to make this run. This is extremely important when tracking and will almost always compliment your suspension setup. GL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK new question which would is a better set up to run the BC coilovers or the
Koni + Ground Control sleeves

both are about 1k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts